HD Video on Demand Movie Problems
jdesensi

Hello there, im experiencing an issue with my HD vod movies. Any HD only movie, rent or free. is Pixelated, Garbled, and Distorted. the audio does the same thing, the movies are completely unwatchable. Almost as if theres interference or lag somehow. at first i figured it was the STB, so i called support and got a replacment STB. Same issue. I restarted the box countless times and the router. also tried setting the HD to 720. Nothing works.  Its strange this distortion only occurs with HD movies, SD and all my regular TV hd channels are ok. Only when i play a HD movie in video on demand does the occur. Im gonna try tech support again tonight but i thought id throw this out here fist too see if anyone else is having these issues or if theres some kind of outage somewhere in my region, i live in Pittsburgh, PA. thank you.

0 Likes
Re: HD Video on Demand Movie Problems
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can also find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
joeyhol75
Enthusiast - Level 2

You need to check the connection strength between the router and the stb. Verizon uses Moca.(Multimedia over coax connection). Which means your stb has an i.p. address from the router.(Its how they are able to do all those widgets, and also why, if you shut your router off vod will not work.) Any video you watch from vod is streamed over the web and sent from the router to the stb. If you go into your menu, and scroll down to "customer support" and look for "self daignostic" You will be looking for Moca speed which needs to be greater than 180mbps. You can also log into the router( typing 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your browser) and check the moca speeds of any stb on the local network by clicking "my network".  If your speeds are to low than there is an issue with your cabling. The signal from the office through their ONT to your stb is good, however the router and stb are not "shaking hands". Make sure the fittings are tight on the back of the router and where ever that connects to. Be it a splitter or a wall jack. Hopefully all your devices have their own coaxl cable back to one splitter next to the ONT as opposed to splitters here, there and everywhere. Good Luck.

0 Likes
msterling420
Enthusiast - Level 1

We switched to FIOS from Optimum and have had this problem with every single movie that we have ever watched on demand.  Tech came to the house and said it was the best install that he has ever seen.  Continues to happen.  Again, EVERY movie.  Thinking of switching back to Optimum.  When you sit down to watch a movie with your family and this happens it pretty much ruins the evening.

0 Likes
benneyb
Enthusiast - Level 2

This seems like very helpful information.  However, I'm being prompted for login information when trying to access the router.  Inputting my Fios Login info is not working.

Any idea if there is a default sigon for the router, or what should be used?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Tclack
Did you ever get this resolved? I cannot play my HD rental on demand at all.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can get the MOCA data from teh STB.

Go to:Menu-Settings-System Information.

Hit Info.

Look in the lower right hand corner at MOCA data, If you don't have at least 180, then you have a cabling/splitter issue.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes