HD-only outage in L.A. area?
ilverface
Enthusiast - Level 3

Both of our HD TVare out, and I can't access the DVR menu.  We are getting 3 thin vertical lines on a 42" LED/LCD and 3 wide vertical lines on a 42" plasma.  The DVR recording light shows it's recording as programmed, but I cannot verify it - the DVR button on the remote has no affect on either HDTV box/TV.

We have one SD box and TV - and the SD channels are working fine...but only on the SD box.  When I tune to an SD channel on one of the HD boxes I get no picture but get the sound.

I can't find any way to determine if FIOS is having service outages, and after 20 minutes of digging can't find a support phone number except for billing.  The only tech suypport I can locate is this.

Any advice would be appreciated (but please - don't ask me to reboot the modem, power down and restrt boxes, etc - all that's been done.  This is beyond that.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: HD-only outage in L.A. area?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This is not an outage if the SD box is working fine. Getting the 3 lines on the TV is curious. Means its not processing the signal correctly. Do you have other devices connected to the TV that you can test to make sure they work as well (DVD, blue ray, xbox, etc) ? Please let us know if those are working.

0 Likes