Having trouble programming remote
elizacarl65

Hi everyone.

I'm having some trouble programming my Verizon remote. It worked fine with my old television, but I upgraded to a new one and just hooked up the old top box to it. It can change the channels and everything but I'd also like it to be able to adjust the volume and all of that.

When I try to hold down the TV and the OK keys the buttons do not flash. If I try to put it in the codes after that it just changes the channel.

I tried resetting the remote by holding STB and OK and had the same issue.

The new television is a Vizio.

I've programmed the remotes before with success, but they were always new remotes--I'm assuming the remote is still programmed to the old television, but is there any way to reset the remote?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Having trouble programming remote
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

First, check to see if any lights come on at all when you press buttons. If not, replace the batteries. Second, the programming of the remote varies depending on the kind of remote you have.

Here is the remote programming page. Theres 3 different models of remotes. Below describes the different remotes so you know what to click on

1) Remote with only a TV and STB button at the top is the Verizon P265

2) Remote with TV, DVD, AUX, and STB and WITHOUT a line seperating the play and pause button is the Philips RC 1445301

3) Remote with TV, DVD, AUX, and STB and WITH a line seperating the play and pause button is the Philips RC 1445302

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thanks for the back up Hubrisnxs!

0 Likes
myrealtygal

Does anyone have any other codes to program the Verizon Remote P265 with Vizio other than the "424" provided by Verizon? I used 424 and it works for all buttons on P265 EXCEPT VOLUME! Thanks in advance.

0 Likes