Home media dvr deleting recordings by itself! only 50% full
gilnutz

I've been having a problem for the last year and have gone through 3 boxes.  Some of my recordings get deleted and it seems to be when they do a firmware update.  Verizon says it's not possible but they say a lot of things that are wrong.  Anybody else have this problem?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Home media dvr deleting recordings by itself! only 50% full
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

gilnutz,

While it is Verizon's goal to upgrade our services with little to no inconvenience to the customer, it is almost impossible to do so when such a massive rollout of an upgrade is done.  It is certainly our aim to upgrade software in our STB's so that no settings or recordings of any kind are changed in any way.  Unfortunately, due to a possibility of several reasons, sometimes it does happen.

Also, something to consider is that any time you call into technical support and they troubleshoot an issue with you, a lot of times (depending on the issue) certain diagnostic tests and commands will be executed that can/will result in losing the afore-mentioned settings or recordings.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Regards,

Chris

@gilnutz wrote:

I've been having a problem for the last year and have gone through 3 boxes.  Some of my recordings get deleted and it seems to be when they do a firmware update.  Verizon says it's not possible but they say a lot of things that are wrong.  Anybody else have this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Home media dvr deleting recordings by itself! only 50% full
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Wow, sorry to hear that is happening to you,   I haven't experienced that yet through an upgrade, but if you are having that specific issue, this has been known to help.

Go to (Menu > Settings > System Info)    Enter code 4883  (look for a confirmation that you did it correctly, I Forget the exact words it says but it says something)  

I have heard you have to reboot the box after you do that (meaning unplug the power and plug it back in, or reset it through the menu under (Menu > help > in home agent > reboot stb)

Try it one way first and then the 2nd way last.

and see if that helps fix the problem.

0 Likes