Installation is coming Jan 15 2018
mcbnyer

I am nervious about swtiching from Cable to Verizon.  Friends have said customer services is terrible.  Since I haven't been able to contact anyone in person- I'm sending out this question.  Is it worth switching from Cable to Fios?  Can I hear from non-employee's of Verizon Fios?  

0 Likes
Re: Installation is coming Jan 15 2018
jonjones1
Legend

@mcbnyer wrote:

I am nervious about swtiching from Cable to Verizon.  Friends have said customer services is terrible.  Since I haven't been able to contact anyone in person- I'm sending out this question.  Is it worth switching from Cable to Fios?  Can I hear from non-employee's of Verizon Fios?  

It all depends on when you call I have found. I will admit I had Time Warner Cable/Roadrunner (its now spectrum) for a gazillion years and never needed tech support that often but they were pretty good. Now when we jumped to Verizon Fios the speed was 10 times faster than our 15/1 speed on cable 150/150 and it costs about $75 which was also 150% higher than the $39.95 we paid roadrunner. The speed was ok and my wife and I had no contract and never a need for customer services.

now about 6 months later Fios offered us $85 for gigabyte service. Again it was upgraded over their servers but the speed had to be provisioned. If you call 1-800-VERIZON after 6 pm, you will get Pakistan or Philippines people which are terrible.

i called at 8 am EDT and spoke to American representatives and they did a great job.

but another thing to be wary of is not all reps will tell you the truth. If it sounds to good to be true then it is.

Many folks have different issues. Repair, billing, getting service or even termination of services and have run into non compliance by those Verizon customer service personnel. But again not all people are that inept. Call between 8 am-5 pm EDT for best results.

0 Likes