Internet Radio Doesn't Work on the TV
illini921

I have Media Manager installed on my PC and cannot get Internet Radio to work through the TV.  It works just fine on my PC through the Media Manager application.  When i go through the Media Manager menu item on the TV, it connects to my PC but doesn't play any Internet Radio channels.  The connection is fine because I can do other things just not Internet Radio.  It gives me the following error:

Unable to process this channel. Please try again by pressing play.

All the Internet Radio channels show the same error, but when I try the same channels on the PC using the application, it works fine.

I rebooted the set top box.  It shows Internet Radio version 01.19.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Internet Radio Doesn't Work on the TV
Hubrisnxs
Legend

FiOS Media Manager Troubleshooting Guide

That is a great link, but what you want to especially pay attention to is the installation section and also the firewall and antivirus section.   there are a few firewalls listed and it gives you picture instructions to add the files to your firewall setting and antivirus. 

you want to add two files if you can - you want to add VerizonMediaManager.exe and VZVideoAgent.exe to the firewall exception list using the links above.  if you have ESET antivirus or AVG there are instructions specific to those two applications, so click on the link provided.

after you get them added to your firewall (try to check windows firewall even though you may not use it) then you can reboot your router (just unplug it for 20 seconds and plug it back in)  wait for the internet light to flash green, and then reboot your cable box 

FYI it also helps to make sure you have the latest and greatest media manager version, so you may even want to check that before doing any of the below steps.

you can reboot your cable box in two ways

• you can unplug it for 30 seconds and then plug it back in

or

• you can use the menu.     click menu > customer support > in home agent > reboot set top box

after it reboots, try it againa nd see if it works.  

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

also make sure you meet the requirements for all of this to work.

• PC running Windows XP with SP3 or better or Vista (32-bit) or Windows 7
  • FiOS Internet with Verizon-supplied router
  • PC must be connected to Verizon FiOS Home network
  • 1GHz Intel or AMD processor or better
  • 1GB RAM (2GB RAM recommended)
  • 500MB free hard drive space
  • Windows Media Player 11 Or Higher Download
  • Adobe Flash Player version 10 Download

And as a side note, Media Manager does not support high quality audio files, make sure your audio files do not exceed 192Kbps (kilobits per second).   The suggested audio bit rate is 128 Kbps

0 Likes
illini921

Thanks for the tips.  Unfortunately, none of the suggestions you mentioned worked.  My PC meets all of the requirements you list.  The issue isn't a firewall or antivirus one since I have connection to the PC through the TV.  The device is connected when I go through the on screen menus and I am able to view videos and photos with no problem.  I can also go to other internet options through the TV such as YouTube.  According to the update checker in the PC software, I have the latest version.  I rebooted the box via the on screen menu and by unplugging the box.

0 Likes