Internittent sound problems on SciFi HD and USA HD channels
BGCSoCal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone out there having problems with the sound every once in awhile not working on the HD versions of the SciFi and USA channels? It started in the last week. I can go to the regular definition channel and the sound works fine. For example, today I had a movie playing on SCIFi HD (680) and suddenly the sound stopped working. I tuned to the regular version (180) and the sound was fine. Same movie playing, just it had sound.  Earlier this weekend when it happend (again on SciFi (680),vI could tune to 180 and the same move had sound. When the movie that day completed, the next one worked fine on the HD  channel.  Late last week , I DVR'd a pilot on USA HD and there was no sound. It was not the episode that was at fault as I was able to watch it this weekend with no problems. It is not the TV or DVR as other channels are just fine and seem to reamin that way.

Very weird.

0 Likes
Re: Internittent sound problems on SciFi HD and USA HD channels
buster48
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem: USA HD & SyFy HD channels periodically have no sound.  No problem with sound when I change to non-HD USA & SyFy channel.  In addition, the picture on the USA & SyFy HD channels periodically "freeze" for a few seconds sometimes followed by a blank screen for a second.  Very disturbing.

BGCSoCal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thnaks for the reply. I thought I was nuts. 

0 Likes
HMAlexander

It says your issue was "solved" but when  I click on see solution I just see your messages - how did you resolve the issue? I am experiencing this problem now.

0 Likes
BGCSoCal
Enthusiast - Level 1

The answer did not solkve the problem except that it gave me peaceof mine taht it was a Verizon fault outside of my space. The next time it happens I'm going to call support.

Sorry to mislead you.

0 Likes
smtenney1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an audio sync problem and sometimes a complete loss of audio.  Switching to another channel and back sometimes synchronizes the audio, but not all the time.  Then sometimes the audio will completely go away.  When this happens it seems to take a power off and sit for a time before restarting and then I have sound.  Restarting the box doesn't always correct the problem.  I can switch over to my AppleTV and the audio is fine there, but then not when I return to Fios.

Very frustrating.

0 Likes
BGCSoCal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think the only "solution" is, the next time it happens, call support and tell them the problems when they are actually occurring.

Not much help - just a suggestion.

0 Likes