Is it possible to use Actiontec wcb3000n01 network extender with G3100 router?
awd_sr

Hey everyone, needing help getting a strong enough signal wirelessly to a Fios One set top box in a room on the main level where there are no coax drops available. The signal to the G3100 router is weak and the signal drops out frequently. I bought the Actiontechwcb3000n01 to give it a try since it was less than $25. I have it connected to a split coax connection on the same level of the house where I need the set top box to connect to, but hitting the WPS buttons on the Actiontec and the G3100 didn't seem to work. The SSID didn't sync, so I manually changed the Actiontec network IDs to the same as what is on the G3100, but I don't think this is working correctly.

Will this older Actiontec network extender work with the new G3100 router? I'm looking to use it just for video to the set top box as I have a stronger WiFi network coming off of another Asus router that is fed by the verizon network (saw another post where I can configure the STB to use that wireless network, will try that too). Thanks for any input and help.

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to use Actiontec wcb3000n01 network extender with G3100 router?
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@awd_sr wrote:

Hey everyone, needing help getting a strong enough signal wirelessly to a Fios One set top box in a room on the main level where there are no coax drops available. The signal to the G3100 router is weak and the signal drops out frequently. I bought the Actiontechwcb3000n01 to give it a try since it was less than $25. I have it connected to a split coax connection on the same level of the house where I need the set top box to connect to, but hitting the WPS buttons on the Actiontec and the G3100 didn't seem to work. The SSID didn't sync, so I manually changed the Actiontec network IDs to the same as what is on the G3100, but I don't think this is working correctly.

Will this older Actiontec network extender work with the new G3100 router? I'm looking to use it just for video to the set top box as I have a stronger WiFi network coming off of another Asus router that is fed by the verizon network (saw another post where I can configure the STB to use that wireless network, will try that too). Thanks for any input and help.

If you have the extender connected to the network via MOCA coax, why are you trying to get it to connect wirelessly? It can't do both. You might have an issue with the Actiontec as it's MOCA 1.0-1.1 and the 3100 is MOCA 2.0. Try disconnecting the coax, then doing the WPS proceedure.  Do you get internet from the Actiontec if you just use the MOCA cable? If so try running an ethernet cable from the mini to the Actiontec. That will be your best connection. Once the Actiontec is on the network, you should be able to get the mini to connect if you cant go with the ethernet cable.

0 Likes