Jittery picture, only on recordings of the show "House". Huh?
tgm10241
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, this is confusing.  I'm no newcomer to the video world, but I am seeing something that really has me stumped.

My recordings of the TV show "House" (usually on the USA network, but not always) always result in a jittery picture.  Originally once every 20 seconds or so, and now it's nearly continual.

It is not the USA network.  When I view other programs both live and recorded they come out just fine.  I haven't been awake during the actual airings of House, so I haven't tested it live.

I've considered that there might be a telecine pulldown issue within the cable-box firmware that somehow affects only the feed for the show House (if it were somehow broadcast at an FPS that was unusual).  My TV of course sees everything as 1080i60 from the STB, so I'm wondering if there are two conversions in the way here.  Perhaps a line-doubling deinterlacing that ends up re-interlaced before sending to the TV?

For what it's worth, my TV is a 2013 Sony KDL-60R550A---I strongly doubt it's related to the TV.  House is the only program, streamed, STB, DVD, or Blu-Ray, that causes this.  I've tried turning on and off the TV's motion handling to make sure, so don't walk me down that route please.

Any Ideas?

0 Likes