Kids Found a way AROUND Parental Controls for FREE VOD
rrdude

I am very familiar with Parental Controls, I can block channels, ratings, and PAID VOD ** PURCHASES**.  However, here is the problem.  

Even though I have EVERY PARENTAL CONTROL TURNED "ON", the kids can still navigate to the FREE VOD choices, and there is a wealth of content to watch.  HOW do I, (can I?) set up parental controls so that without the PARENTAL ACCESS CODE, ZERO, NADA, ZILCH content can be viewed? (Basically "locking" the TV?)  Thanks.

What am I missing?  

0 Likes
Re: Kids Found a way AROUND Parental Controls for FREE VOD
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

the only way to block the "free VOD" is with the ratings. If you want to block absolutly everything, you would have to block all ratings, even the G ratngs. but that affects the tv as well as the vod. There is no way to block the ability to order free ondemand without removing the ability completly.

0 Likes
nicainnva
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a serious loophole and Verizon should consider providing the mechanism to enforce parental controls on the free VOD programming.  My 7-year-old figured this out very quickly after I blocked his favorite channels that we didn't want him to watch.

0 Likes
mem21

Has anyone found a way to prevent kids from accessing free VOD shows yet?  This is enough to make me find another provider.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess I'm confused.  If you've blocked ratings you don't want kids to watch, how is VOD any different than regular channels?  If you let the kids operate the TV, they will find something to watch weather it be VOD or some random channel.  If you don't want the kids to watch TV, then keep them away from the remote or unplug the beast.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gs0b wrote:

I guess I'm confused.  If you've blocked ratings you don't want kids to watch, how is VOD any different than regular channels?  If you let the kids operate the TV, they will find something to watch weather it be VOD or some random channel.  If you don't want the kids to watch TV, then keep them away from the remote or unplug the beast.

Good Luck.

I can see one difference.  You can block channels with parental controls in addition to ratings.  You cannot with VOD.

0 Likes