Lip sync lag when using Verizon set-top box
vzcustomer9000

Hi,

I am having a lip-sync lag when using my verizon set-top box connected to my Samsung TV.  The picture is AHEAD of the sound (so adjusting the lag manually on my tv doesnt help since its ahead, and would also cause issues for non-set top box inputs which would then be out of sync), and it is so bad that i almost cant watch TV.  This needs to be remedied.

I have a soundbar, but the issue occurs when I used the sound bar or the TV's native built in speakers.  So it's not hte soundbar.

It also does not happen when I use AppleTV or any of the TV's native apps. 

The issue appears specific to the Verizon Set-Top box.  My TV and set-top box are both up to date software.

I found an old thread from 2020 where many people were having this same issue.  You can see that it happens with other brands of TV's like Vizio as well, so it's not a Samsung thing.  It is very bad that this is 2y later and the issue is still happening.  

I tried the tricks listed in here, like setting my Tv and the box to pass-through, and it did not help.  Also tried setting the box sound output to mono, which destroys my surround experience, and that still didnt fix the issue.

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/fios-tv-technical-assistance/fios-one-audio-sync-issue/m-p/901043

Can someone help?  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lip sync lag when using Verizon set-top box
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzcustomer9000 wrote:

Hi,

I am having a lip-sync lag when using my verizon set-top box connected to my Samsung TV.  The picture is AHEAD of the sound (so adjusting the lag manually on my tv doesnt help since its ahead, and would also cause issues for non-set top box inputs which would then be out of sync), and it is so bad that i almost cant watch TV.  This needs to be remedied.

I have a soundbar, but the issue occurs when I used the sound bar or the TV's native built in speakers.  So it's not hte soundbar.

The issue appears specific to the Verizon Set-Top box.  My TV and set-top box are both up to date software.

I found an old thread from 2020 where many people were having this same issue.  You can see that it happens with other brands of TV's like Vizio as well, so it's not a Samsung thing.  It is very bad that this is 2y later and the issue is still happening.  

I tried the tricks listed in here, like setting my Tv and the box to pass-through, and it did not help.  Also tried setting the box sound output to mono, which destroys my surround experience, and that still didnt fix the issue.

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/fios-tv-technical-assistance/fios-one-audio-sync-issue/m-p/901043

Check to make sure your TV has the latest firmware. This was mostly a Samsung issue that they made a firmware update to resolve. You could also try using the optical out from the 4100 box to feed the TV or soundbar and see if that helps. You could also change the output of the Fios box to PCM in the service menu.

View solution in original post

Re: Lip sync lag when using Verizon set-top box
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzcustomer9000 wrote:

Hi,

Check to make sure your TV has the latest firmware. This was mostly a Samsung issue that they made a firmware update to resolve. You could also try using the optical out from the 4100 box to feed the TV or soundbar and see if that helps. You could also change the output of the Fios box to PCM in the service menu.