M 7232 lag when changing channels or using guide since 1.9
ciscomonkey
Enthusiast - Level 1

SET TOP = M 7232 2

Software release + 1.9

New batterys in remote,  8' from DVR unobstructed line of sight

Issue;

Since the new software (that changed the guide) was pushed out, a few times a day my DVR lags out or doesnt respond when I try to use the guide or change the channels.   When I hit channel up/down (or the guide button) the light in the power button on the DVR blinks and sometimes it changes the channel, sometimes the light blinks and 30 seconds later it changes the channel, and sometimes it blinks but doesnt do anything. 

Things done;

To get it to work I turn it "off" using the power button on the front, I get the screen about "press menu if you want to watch tv" and hit the button again, and it works fine for a while. This goes on every few hours. I have unplugged it multiple times,

I also unplugged the router and the back room set top box... Not a dvr but multi room veiwing.. hmm dont think I have checked to see if that works still though.

Its getting old, having to "reboot" it if I want to change the channels. This box worked fine until the channel guide changed, I have turned off the pop up ads, tried using favorites instead of full guide.

Out of ideas.. Any help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: M 7232 lag when changing channels or using guide since 1.9
Hubrisnxs
Legend

try turning off SD Override.   Menu > settings > video settings > sd override  = OFF 

That worked for me 

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

try turning off SD Override.   Menu > settings > video settings > sd override  = OFF 

That worked for me 

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Pressing the power on the front of the box is not rebooting the box. To do a box reboot, go to MENU then CUSTOMER SUPPORT then IN HOME AGENT then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. From that last menu you can also select REBOOT STB. If you are still having trouble, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
ciscomonkey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks guys,

I understand that hitting the power button does not reboot it. Smiley Happy   thats why the word "off" is in qoutes, it is also the reason I mentioned that I had unplugged it to do a hard reboot.  

The main fact to take away was that to get it to work again, I only had to use the power button and put it to sleep.  Let me say that again, a hard reset was not needed to make it start working.

If you really think resetting it via that menu does more than unplugging it does then I will attempt that if I still experiance the issue.

As it stands, so far ( 2 days of light use )  Turning the SD thing off seems to of worked.  If fact, the setting it was on by default says "not recommended".  After turning that to OFF I have not have it lag out on me and stop responding.

I will test it for a week or so and reply back with results.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

glad it helped so far,  you would be surprised how often on these forums that it does.     

0 Likes
ciscomonkey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turning off the SD override thing worked..  Tested for a while, and i have not had to reboot it.

My guide is not freezing or locking up like it was. 

0 Likes
nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1

The solution didn't work for me 😞

I turned SD Overide to off even though my guide is now fluid but when I change channels to say an HD channel it still freezes and then changes to the channel I select....SIGH....

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

There is another lengthy thread on this topic...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Very-slow-channel-change-intermittant/td-p...

Verizon has noted in this thread that there is an issue and they are working on it.  It's not just an SD override problem.  Many have turned it off (I never turned it on) and it still happens.  Mine is infrequent, but some have noted it happens all the time.

0 Likes