Re: Media Manager video playback issues
rickpoole
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also upgraded my media manager to the latest version and can't get videos to play correctly.  Only a small percentage will start, maybe 20%, and every single one has severe audio and video stuttering.  Audio plays in 1/4-1/2 second bursts, video is mostly broken up, like a bad digital signal.  My system is also hardwired into the FIOS router and there is no other traffic on the network and nothing else running on my PC, which is running XP SP3.

On a good note the new version of the media manager appears to finally play slideshows all the way through.  With the prior version I never was able to get even a short slideshow to complete.  It looks like that problem has been solved.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

Brian..

The streaming music and the photo's work fine. I also established the security pin but that had no effect. The formats for the videos are AVI, MPG and WMV.. I'm running the XP Pro operating system.

The sample FIOS video (Japan Harbor) doesn't work either..

Same error message.

any suggestions?

thanks

sharkman

Message Edited by SHARKMAN44 on 07-22-2009 09:02 AM
0 Likes
Nukeman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lucky,,,,I've only be able to play back about 10% of the videos that I've tried.

Boy, Verizon still gotta long way to go...

ilovevz
 are you able to view other videos? on your tv, try going through the 3 websites listed on the menu and see if those videos will play. 
0 Likes
ilovevz
have you tried adjusting the video bit rate setting in the software?  by putting it to the lowest setting, medium, it improved the quality of my video.
0 Likes
salsaman2

I can't get any videos to play. I've read many others of user's having the same problem.

0 Likes
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

None play.

HELP!!

sharkman.

0 Likes
echorom43

Having the same problem.  Help!!!

I made the mistake of walking away from my PC when installing the latest version of media manager.  When I came back I saw a dialog box asking about something to do with ffdshow. Unfortunately, the dialog box had a timer associated with it and before I could read & decide what to do it automatically closed.

0 Likes
echorom43

Having the same problem.  Help!!!  Can't play any local video files or any of the internet sites...

I made the mistake of walking away from my PC when installing the latest version of media manager.  When I came back I saw a dialog box asking about something to do with ffdshow. Unfortunately, the dialog box had a timer associated with it and before I could read & decide what to do it automatically closed.

0 Likes
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2
Looking into the video streaming issues now.  Will keep you posted. 
0 Likes