Missing Channels from Package - 6 days and hours later, back to square one
nothingworks1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last week, I called in about a problem where I was missing several channels as part of our Preferred TV package. The TV says "Press OK to find out if this channel is part of your package." when I press OK, I get "Our Records indicate that you have previously subscribed to this Channel. Programming should be available shortly as soon as the order has been processed."

This message has been happening for quite a while, but we hadn't had the time to spend trying to fix the problem, so the the order definitely had had plenty of time (weeks) to process.

I first spoke to a rep who told me that I was not supposed to be getting those channels. After going back and forth for 20 minutes he sent me to a sales rep, so that I could purchase the channels (which I already was supposed to have).

The sales rep and i discussed for a few minutes, and she confirmed that i was enrolled in Preferred TV, and should be receiving those channels. She proceeded to transfer me back to tech support so they could fix the problem.

Upon getting back to tech support, they once again informed me that I was not supposed to be receiving the channels in question, and that I'd need to speak to a sales agent to purchase a package with those channels. At this point, I refused to be transferred again, and explained the problem a few more times. The agent finally told me he'd need to get someone from the accounts team to contact me. But they were closed so I'd need to provide a time during business hours for them to call me back.

The next day, a while after the time I gave, I recieved a call. The rep informed me that something must be wrong with my account and sent me to another branch of support. After then waiting on hold for quite a while (I recieved a call back only to be placed into a hold queue), I got to a support rep.

This support rep told me someone must have setup my account incorrectly, and that he'd need to cancel my service and re-add it to the account. He said there may be some inturruption of service, but once it came back I should have all channels. This was monday, he said it should be resolved by tuesday.

On tuesday, we still were not receiving the correct channels.

On wednesday, the TV service cut out completely.

So by Friday, I have no televison at all. I contact chat support again. Agent proceeds to run multiple tests and resets on STB. Recommends replacement STB and places order for delivery.

An hour later, I recieve a call from support. The system that they use to place STB orders doesn't recognize my current STB, therefore, they cannot send me a replacement. I'll need to visit a authroized verizon reseller to trade out the box.

This morning, I head to the store, trade out the box, come home, set it up and...

Same issue as last sunday. The upgraded channels are not available.

So it's been 6 days and 10 support agents, and I'm back to the orginal problem of "Some of my channels aren't coming in". The TV says "Press OK to find out if this channel is part of your package." when I press OK, I get "Our Records indicate that you have previously subscribed to this Channel. Programming should be available shortly as soon as the order has been processed."

Any help or advice on what to do next is appreciated. I've had some bad experiences with Verizon Support before, but this is on another level.

Re: Missing Channels from Package - 6 days and hours later, back to square one
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nothingworks,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes