Missing connected boxes
Rwbisme

Weird problem.  I have a VMS 1100 and 3 boxes.  I can’t see two of the boxes on the “connected device status” screen.  Can only see the VMS and office boxes.  The two other boxes (master bedroom and guest room) show up on the status screen but under  DVR subscription it says “can not retrieve data”.  I have renamed, fix setup box issues and still shows this and is not “connected” even though it works.  I am trying to get echo dot working in master bedroom but it can’t see these two boxes.

0 Likes
Re: Missing connected boxes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

These boxes operate properly otherwise?

If you go into diagnostic screen on either of these boxes, what do they report?

Under advanced diagnostics, the second screen, what do you have for MOCA speeds?

0 Likes
Rwbisme

They both work fine but just don’t show as “connected” to the VMS.  See screenshots below, first is My Connected devices.

Second and third are the system information from one of the boxes.imageimage

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you hit ok after selecting Connected devices?

Do you get a map showing all your devices?

Have you tried rebooting router and VMS?

I assume you are using FIOS Router?

0 Likes
Rwbisme

It’s strange.  While it shows two connected devices in my “Connected Device Map” when I click enter and see the map it shows all four boxes with green lines saying they are good but the two “unconnected” boxes DVR Subscription, HNM Staus and CPEM Staus as “Cannot Retrieve Data”.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If all boxes works, then it is a good thing when you cannot see boxes as connected that currently aren't operating.  To fix not being able to do multiple recordings, they made an update awhile back to more agressively release boxes not currently in use.

0 Likes
Rwbisme

The problem is that because they are not “connected” my echo cannot be set up to control them.  The amazon echo has the ability to operate Fios boxes to change the channel, mute, etc.  when I go to set up the echo in the master bedroom it only allows me to control the two connected boxes.

0 Likes