Mobile Remote DVR Status : Awaiting Authorization"
MickeyS
Enthusiast - Level 1

What could be preventing the DVR from getting authorization from the mobile device? I tried to do it using the DVR at home and on the computer and I still get "Mobile Remote DVR Status : Awaiting Authorization"

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Remote DVR Status : Awaiting Authorization"
dursty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have the same problem..  Trying to using the remote DVR app for windows mobile devices but after entering the code just get a message saying the phone is registered to this STB. 

0 Likes
MickeyS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you have to have Verizon Wireless as your service provider or it works with AT&T? The reason why I am saying this is because the application was made available for the iphone and AT&T is the sole provider for the iphone in the US!

0 Likes
jastill1

I am also having the same problem with my iPhone. I did manage to get it working with my iPad though following the same procedure.

I tried using wireless and the AT&T data network without success on the iPhone.

0 Likes
MickeyS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I managed to get it to work! It works great!

0 Likes
NoahsMyBro

I'm seeing the same problem.

I tried to get this working on my TouchPro2 a couple of weeks ago. When the procedure failed through the website, I tried to enable the functionality through the STB.

Every attempt resulted in an error message stating that the phone was not registered to the STB.

I then called FIOS tech support, and eventually was told there was a separate group responsible for and knowledgeable about the mobile DVR feature, and they were out for the weekend, I'd here from somebody on Monday. I never heard back from anyone about this.

If any of you know why this error occurs and what I can do to get the Mobile DVR working, I'd love to hear the answer.

Thanks.

0 Likes
NoahsMyBro

Sometime over the weekend I started the FIOS app on my phone and was alerted that there was an update available. I installed the update, and then last night tried it out, and it worked.

So at least for my phone and STB the problem is fixed. (T-Mobile, HTC Touch Pro 2, Motorola QIP7216)

0 Likes