Moved STB to another room and now it will not work
Goose10001

Hello, we moved a tv and its STB into a living room.  Both were previously in a spare bedroom.  Everything is hooked up properly, but now when we power up the tv, we can only see the welcome screen from FIOS.  You know the one which looks like a stage curtain with the FIOS symbol in front.  It is stuck there telling us to stand by.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moved STB to another room and now it will not work
prisaz
Legend

Possibly the cable from the living room is not connected to the new Verizon splitter.

Or there is an old splitter somewhere inline that is not compatible with the Verizon system. Replace the non compatible splitter that may be in the middle, or remove it and just use a straight through cable connector..

I have seen where an extra long run from a previous DTV install had an amplifier inline with the cable. It would look like a cable connector between two cable ends.

Double check both cable ends, and make sure it connects from the Verizon splitter directly to the new location. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Moved STB to another room and now it will not work
prisaz
Legend

Possibly the cable from the living room is not connected to the new Verizon splitter.

Or there is an old splitter somewhere inline that is not compatible with the Verizon system. Replace the non compatible splitter that may be in the middle, or remove it and just use a straight through cable connector..

I have seen where an extra long run from a previous DTV install had an amplifier inline with the cable. It would look like a cable connector between two cable ends.

Double check both cable ends, and make sure it connects from the Verizon splitter directly to the new location. 

0 Likes
Re: Moved STUB to another room and now it will not work
Goose10001

You gave me just enough information to lift the ceiling tiles in the basement where I found the two port connector with one cable (white) wire coming out of it and not connected to anything.  I found the cable wire coming from the living room (black) (not connected to anything), unscrewed the white wire and connected the black wire.  Almost immediately I heard the TV kick to life in the living room. (colors of wire mean nothing) Thanks for replying!

0 Likes