NFL NETWORK
crawdadusa
Enthusiast - Level 1
WHY IS NFL NETWORK NOT SHOWING ON A FRIDAY NIGHT and out of market GAME???
Tags (3)
Re: NFL NETWORK
Dirroh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I registered right now to ask this very question.  At first NFL Network was flashing/flickering it's picture like a strobe light.  I turned off my box and television and turned them back on to find that NFL Network is no longer an option.  I'll press 88 on that remote all day and it will just send me to NHL on channel 87.  "I'll try the channel up button," I said to myself, only to have that bring me to channel 90 - Versus.

What gives?

0 Likes
PSULuis93
Having the same problem here in Coatesville, Chester County, PA.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I don't know where you guys are located, but I am watching the Rams vs. Jets right now on NFL Network HD on 588 on FiOS. So whatever your issue is it is not system-wide.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Dirroh
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm in Rockaway, NJ.  I can watch the game on CBS, but that's not the point.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Dirroh wrote:
I'm in Rockaway, NJ.  I can watch the game on CBS, but that's not the point.

Ah, but that is the point.

The NFL TV contract, as I understand it, requires that when local games are on local channels they must be blacked out on national channels in the local area. Now you may or may not consider yourself "local" but I bet the NFL does.

Just curious, since you can watch the game on CBS, why do you care which channel you see it on? I can't see the game on CBS, I have to watch it on the NFL Network, should I be mad about that? I don't think so....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Dirroh
Enthusiast - Level 1
It doesn't matter what channel I watch the game on; I'm not even a Jet fan.  Is it usual for the channel to disappear from the channel lineup when it's blacked out?  If this is normal, then my apologies, but in my experience the channel doesn't get removed from a line-up when it's blacked out.
0 Likes
TomSal
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm in the Philadelphia Region, in Marple Township.  I can't get to NFL Net either and it's not on CBS or any other channel here, this sucks!
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Dirroh, no apologies needed, we are all in this together....  Smiley Happy

I am not sure Verizon is really consistent in how they handle blackouts. But then again it has been a while since we had one for the Cowboys, sometime last year. However, recently there was a Texas Rangers game carried both locally and on ESPN, and if you went to ESPN to watch it, the channel bar on the screen would change and show the game as being on, but the picture would remain frozen on the channel you were coming from. In my opinion not a very esthetically pleasing way to handle it, but that seems to be what happens on FiOS most of the time when there is a blackout. It has been so long since I had cable I don't know how they handle it these days.

Now, somebody posted earlier they were in PA, I have no clue why they would be blacked out, again unless one of their local channels was carrying the game, and they did not mention that like you did. FYI, here is a link to a thread at DSLReports on the same topic with a possible explanation (which none of you is going to like):

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22869743-NFL-Network

Anyway, the above is my experience with FiOS.

Keller, TX 76248

Message Edited by Justin on 08-14-2009 09:10 PM
0 Likes
jpmxch

Yeah the Jets/Rams game was blacked out for me

SF/Den game is working now.. I had to restart the box for it to work.

In NYC..

0 Likes