National Geographic HD and SD on wrong channel
Andyb3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Rockville, MD.  On my channel lineup National Geographic channel SD is listed as 121 and HD as 621, how it should be.  However the SD content is provided on the HD channel (621), and the HD content is on the SD channel (121).  Thought it was just my box/TV acting up, but its the same on both of my boxes.  I haven't noticed any other channels with this issue.  I just thought someone at verizon might like to know this.  I can live with it either way 🙂

0 Likes
Re: National Geographic HD and SD on wrong channel
FWeekly
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the closest thing I've found describing the issue we're having too.  It's not a matter of the content being HD the whole channel isn't being 'delivered' in HD.  I have Goggled so many variations of terms to try to figure out what's going on and finally found your lonely post.  I first noticed it when I tried to watch Killing Lincoln (a new movie) and it was that tiny 'box' not the full screen 16:9...not 4:3 but a tiny version of 16:9.  I hope that makes sense.  I'll have to check to see if it's switched like you said happened to you.

FWeekly
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's it! The channels were swapped (121 is HD-621 is SD) on mine too.  I'm down in Waldorf, MD.  I can't believe no one else has complained about this enough for FiOS to fix it.  I went a step further to see if On Demand was backwards too but it's not.  However, NatGeo doesn't seem to have much content OnDemad, from what I can tell with a quick browse.  I wish I had known this back when Killing Lincoln was on.  I couldn't find it On Demand either.  I am so glad I came across your post!  Thanks so much for unknowingly helping me figure our switch up too.

Andyb3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I still can't beleive this is an issue after so long.  I have checked litterally dozens of different service locations, and they are all incorrect.

0 Likes