New 50GB DVR Remote
HRW1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Received the 500GB STB, however, I can't get the remote to program.  It does not respond as the instructions say it should.

Red light goes off when it should stay on. 

When I try to use the Code Search Method, the led stays on until I press the "PLAY" button, and it goes off rather than continuing to blink while it should be trying different codes.

Also tried entering 3 digit code for brand.  As soon as I hit "CH+" the light went off and nothing further happened.

Anyone experienced this or do I just have faulty remote?

Richard

0 Likes
Re: New 50GB DVR Remote
HRW1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, I tried the www.verizon.com/fiostvhelp web site and all I got was "Sorry" and a redirect.

Also didn't receive an RA number it turns out as I'm packing up to return the old STB.  Wonder how long it will take to straighten THAT out?

Richard

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Your old remote will work just fine with the 7232 (all Moto boxes use the exact same IR codes) and it will give you 4 device control as opposed to the new remote which only controls the TV and STB.  Verizon does not charge for not returning the remote.

MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I had to call tech support with an issue I had with setting up the new 7232.  The guy I spoke with recommended that I keep my original remote control that I had with the 7216.  He said that there have been some issues with the new remotes and the old ones would work.  Plus, for those that program their DVD's, etc., having the extra buttons on the old remote help.  I kept the old remote and sent back the new remote with the 7216 box.  I have not had a problem using the old remote with the 7232.

0 Likes
koyote1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are lucky you got one, I've tried all day snce receivng the Email.  Not one competqant person to help me

0 Likes