New Customer disappointed.
defa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I just had the triple play installed over the w/e and have a few issues. 

-Set up is for 3 regular tv's and 1 mutliroom DVR

Issues: HD DVR

-When watching regular tv, DVR/ or VOD the picture skips and or pauses at lease once every 20 minutes.  

-HD tv is constantly pixeling and grainy

-Issues Home Phone

-When I'm talking I hear echoing and other peoples phone conversations.

I've been on the phone with tech support 4 times this past w/e and they  reset the HD DVR, I've unplugged the HDMI and cable in, waited 5 minutes and reinstalled the lines but all the issues still remain.  

If anyone knows what's the best way to get these resolved I would realy appreciate it.

Regards,

defa

0 Likes
Re: New Customer disappointed.
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@defa wrote:

Hello,

I just had the triple play installed over the w/e and have a few issues. 

-Set up is for 3 regular tv's and 1 mutliroom DVR

Issues: HD DVR

-When watching regular tv, DVR/ or VOD the picture skips and or pauses at lease once every 20 minutes.  

-HD tv is constantly pixeling and grainy

-Issues Home Phone

-When I'm talking I hear echoing and other peoples phone conversations.

I've been on the phone with tech support 4 times this past w/e and they  reset the HD DVR, I've unplugged the HDMI and cable in, waited 5 minutes and reinstalled the lines but all the issues still remain.  

If anyone knows what's the best way to get these resolved I would realy appreciate it.

Regards,

defa

I'm supprised the tech support didnt offer to send a tech out when the problem didnt go away. The tiling issue on the TV is a cabling issue. Either the coax cable that was there is not capible of handling the Verizon Frequencies, or they just got ahold of a bad coax or splitter. Either way a tech will have to come back out for that. Espcially since you were just installed.

The echo on the phone line may be able to be fixed with a filter on the phone connection on the ONT. The ONT can sometimes act as a radio reciever and pick up cordless phone transmissions or AM radio stations. Verizon has a filter they can put on it to filter out those signals.

Both issues would need to have a tech come back out. I'd call tech support back and insist that they send someone out.

defa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Will do!

0 Likes
cbwoodstock91
Contributor - Level 1

Dear defa,

the first thing that i would do it is, verify all the connection cables one by one, unplug every cable and reconnect again to make sure there is no false contact in each point (splitters, router ,tv  boxes),

also you have a backup battery which provided energy to all your fiber system and to the gray box located outside your home

you can refresh this battery back up unit,first unplug the power cord from the power outlet, then  access the box (there is an access door, open it and  disconnect the red and black cables of the battery from there, then reconnect the cables, close the access door and connect the power cord to the power outlet.

If the problem persist you have enough information, just contact tech support and tell them all you did at home,

they may set an appointment, for a field tech.

anyway they going to ask you do the previuos indications that i post in this text

Good Luck!

CB

0 Likes
defa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi here's an update: 

Had a tech come back out, she took off the Monster HDMI cable since corporate told all techs these cables ae not compatable with the new motorolla HD DVR and replaced it with theirs.  Then she emptied out my internet temp folder to try and speed it up. No differnece in either so I replaced the original box with a new motorolla box and have the same issues  and new ones. To make a long story short they have a forman and tech coming over this w/e to try and resolve them.  Here's what's going on.

1. tv still pauses or skips and pixels every 20-30 minutes, especially if their is fast movement on the televison such as a camera shifting fast to one scene to another scene.  (never happened w DTV)

2.  When watching HD DVR and VOD  same issues as above plus if I pause and reply the screen goes into alot of various square colors freezes and then starts to play a few seconds later. .

3. Tried to record a show from the internet site tv guide and st states the box top is not responding and internet is still very slow. 

Maybe these issues are part of the norm for fios but  from the sales pitch they sold me fios were supose to be higher in quality compared to DTV and faster in speed compared to comcast.   

Regards,

defa

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@defa wrote:

1. tv still pauses or skips and pixels every 20-30 minutes, especially if their is fast movement on the televison such as a camera shifting fast to one scene to another scene.  (never happened w DTV)

2.  When watching HD DVR and VOD  same issues as above plus if I pause and reply the screen goes into alot of various square colors freezes and then starts to play a few seconds later. .

3. Tried to record a show from the internet site tv guide and st states the box top is not responding and internet is still very slow. 

Maybe these issues are part of the norm for fios but  from the sales pitch they sold me fios were supose to be higher in quality compared to DTV and faster in speed compared to comcast.   

Regards,

defa

number 1 may be related to the stb's resolution, 1080i vs 720p.  this sounds like a common 1080i setting problem, try changing this for a test, you can change it back if you want.

go to menu > settings > video settings > video format and make sure you move the checkmark next to 720 p

this may also fix issue 2.

issue 3 is a communication issue between the site, the router, and the stb. 

these issues are uncommon for fios.  I have had dtv and fios and actually still have dtv and fios and none of these are common on my set ups.   I also have 1080 turned off on both boxes, I only allow P quality to come to my TV's.  I am not a fan of Interlacing and hate it with a passion, because it causes issues like the ones you described, and its not any better quality than 720p. 

Worth a shot, to see if it's even the issue. 

0 Likes
defa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks will try it.

0 Likes
defa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update: I had a manager and tech come out, they swapped out the wiring ran a direct feed from outside straight to the tv and found the same issues, pixels ect...Then they stated to think it's the tv (sony bravia) but I told them I had a great pic with DTVand only left fro the triple play...after some further analysis they came back and stated the  Fios mutliroom  hd dvr isnt compatable with the sony bravia and it is what it is...Ok well aty least I can call it a day before the 30 day worry free timeframe is over. Thanks all for your suggestions. who knows maybe some day when their boxes are more reliable I'll come back.

Regards,

Defa

0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@defa wrote:

Update: I had a manager and tech come out, they swapped out the wiring ran a direct feed from outside straight to the tv and found the same issues, pixels ect...Then they stated to think it's the tv (sony bravia) but I told them I had a great pic with DTVand only left fro the triple play...after some further analysis they came back and stated the  Fios mutliroom  hd dvr isnt compatable with the sony bravia and it is what it is...Ok well aty least I can call it a day before the 30 day worry free timeframe is over. Thanks all for your suggestions. who knows maybe some day when their boxes are more reliable I'll come back.

Regards,

Defa

I find this difficult to believe.  I had a Multiroom DVR connected to my Sony Bravia for more than a year and never experienced the problems you had.  Which DVR & Bravia do you have.  I no longer have a MR DVR, but would like to know for future reference and perhaps there are others here who have your exact setup and can comment on whaat they are seeing.

0 Likes
defa
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's a 40" sony Bravia LCD purchased in 2007, not sure of the model number but it has 2 hdmi inputs and 1080p capability.  I'm starting to wonder if the MR hd dvr is just not compatable?? Had 2 sent and both look like garbage. When I had DTV there was no pixeling at all??? Makes you wonder.

0 Likes