New On Screen Guide and Expanded DVR
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received the FIOS Magazine a few days ago and it seems to be announcing a new onscree guide as well as expanded DVR capability, but in typical fashion does not provide any information as to when these new features will be available.  Does anyone have any information on the new guide or on when an expanded DVR will be available?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New On Screen Guide and Expanded DVR
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Expanded DVR storage is available now.  Must be done online by signing up on http://www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral -> My TV -> Set Top Box -> bottom right banner ad about ur DVR.  Follow the link and register.  You will get an email when you come up in the que - keep in mind that there is a $40 fee to upgrade to the 7232 which has a 500 G drive instead of the 160 G you have now.

As to the updated interface, this is still in beta testing and has not been placed in wide release.  No definite time frame for when it will roll out system wide.

View solution in original post

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Expanded DVR storage is available now.  Must be done online by signing up on http://www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral -> My TV -> Set Top Box -> bottom right banner ad about ur DVR.  Follow the link and register.  You will get an email when you come up in the que - keep in mind that there is a $40 fee to upgrade to the 7232 which has a 500 G drive instead of the 160 G you have now.

As to the updated interface, this is still in beta testing and has not been placed in wide release.  No definite time frame for when it will roll out system wide.

barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info.  Just got the e-mail today to upgrade.  Placed the order and should receive within 5 days.  Hate having to pay, but it will be worth it for the additional flexibility in recording time.

0 Likes
koyote1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got an email, and NONE of the links worked.  Verizon Phone support ande "chat"  are worthless as after conversing with 6 people, and a couple of hours online and on the phone,  THE RESULTS,  "sorry"   I've been a customer of verizon for years, 32 years in my office and FIOS since it was introduced (first in my neigborhood)  I have TWO phone(home and cabin) systems now, TV, internet, wireless   all with Verizon. 

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@koyote wrote:

I got an email, and NONE of the links worked.  Verizon Phone support ande "chat"  are worthless as after conversing with 6 people, and a couple of hours online and on the phone,  THE RESULTS,  "sorry"   I've been a customer of verizon for years, 32 years in my office and FIOS since it was introduced (first in my neigborhood)  I have TWO phone(home and cabin) systems now, TV, internet, wireless   all with Verizon. 

Clearing your web browser cache and then logging in to verizon first before clicking the link in email should work.

As an alternative with IE, some suggest using the in-private browsing option.

Essentially the link only works if you can logon and the verizon cache doesn't show a previous attempt to order the DVR.  But if something goes wrong and the cache show you previously attempted an order, it refuses to let you complete your order.

0 Likes
bgr19601

Friday 14Oct2011 - I spoke to support.  they told me guide would be updated at night time.  i too recevied a confusing message on my cell phone.  very confusing message. nothing of help on web of channel 131 that it mentions.  products are great.  communication is lame.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@bgr1960 wrote:

Friday 14Oct2011 - I spoke to support.  they told me guide would be updated at night time.  i too recevied a confusing message on my cell phone.  very confusing message. nothing of help on web of channel 131 that it mentions.  products are great.  communication is lame.

Last couple of areas were posting it actually occuring around 4-6 am.

0 Likes