New QIP7232 Box & Remote
tpjs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, just got the new QIP7232 Set-top Box AND the new remote that comes with it. The new remote only lets you control the STB and the TV...What good is that? My old remote let me also control my AV receiver which I use all the time. I have been trying to find an access code for the STB that would allow me to continue to use the old remote.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: New QIP7232 Box & Remote
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well I know verizon doesn't want the remotes sent back so you should probably keep the old one and continue using it, it's alreaedy programmed for the tv too so it should just work.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I rather like the new remote. The old remote controlled more than one item, but as a universal it did not do that good of a job. The new remote has seperate power buttons which is a plus. I found the old one always out of sync on the power if it was not held just right. You could always seperate the power button function by programming the remote, but then had to hit TV then power and then STB every time you wanted to switch the function. Or switch back and forth. I have been looking at the Harmony remotes but don't know which one I want. I have a the TV, Verizon HDDVR, SD Sat. Receiver, Entertainment system receiver, and DVD. The Verizon universal was not universal enough for me. The new one does a fine job for what it is supposed to do, but many people like the old remote. Last time I looked on the accesories page they had the old style shown for purchase at under $10. I don't know if it is still available.

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayProducts

0 Likes
tpjs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good info, thanks...I know a true universal remote would be a good idea...I drive my wife crazy with all the different remotes laying around...

0 Likes