Re: New VOD menus
notlu01

Just got updated to the new menus.  Everyone needs to leave Verizon. It's the only thing that's going make the wastes of life that did this understand that this crap is absolutely unacceptable. Switching providers ASAP.

0 Likes
notlu01

Just dropped Verizon for cable. Trying out Playstation Vue. I suggest everyone do this. The only thing Verizon is good for is to be a "dumb pipe," i.e. internet. The plan I had was running about 220 a month. It's now about 90 for just internet. PS Vue is 65 and that includes HBO, Showtime, and any other channel thats worth watching, without subsidizing the channels that only a total of 100 people in the U.S. watch. It also has DVR capabilities and you don't need a playstation console for it.

PS Vue isn't the only option; DirectTV and Sling are comparable to it. They all have free trials so you can try them out. Just got to remember that Verizon is large enough that it doesn't need to give a crap about its customers, so the only recourse we have is to hit them where it hurts. I was willing to pay a little more for the convenience of having everything in one place, but they took it away. So the inconvenience of switching things around is definitely worth it to be able to flip them the proverbial bird.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand Menu has Changed
melp3

Hate the new VOD menu.  It was always clumsy, but now it takes forever to find what I want.  The search function has improved, but that assumes I know the name of the program I'm looking for.  If I don't and I need to browse, it klunky, slow, and very inefficient.  For example, I can't just see a list of programs currently on NBC, or FX.  I can go to the network, but I can't page down, I need to scroll over pics of each program until I find what I'm looking for.  The scrolling is slow.  Movies are just as bad.  I used to have Xfinity, and their VOD was always easier to use, but now Fios is even worse.  Maybe I should change providers again.

0 Likes
On Demand
Oilylady

I heartily dislike the new On Demand Format. It talks longer to find things and some of the features of the old format are gone. New is not always better.

0 Likes
midnitestich1
Enthusiast - Level 2

If it ain't broke don't fix it. New on demand interface is not user friendly. It's a hot mess. Hard to maneuver through. The fonts are TOO light and hard to see, they need to be bolder. There wasn't anything wrong with the old on demand..you could find stuff and actually see it. Big fail Verizon but, I don't expect you to once again listen to your customers.

New On Demand Menu
wort
Enthusiast - Level 2

This new on demand menu is horrible - it takes forever to find shows and get hrough the menu.  Someone please let me know how to get the old version back - Does anyone test these new interfaces - terrible!!!

0 Likes
Who is the idiot that designed the new on demand format?
Starlight11

Just tried to use the new format and I have to say that it is a complete mess!  So confusing and clearly designed to drive the user towards buying more...and certainly not finding what you are looking for.  I am so furious that I am seriously considering breaking my contract and dropping FIOS.  What were you thinking?  Did you not even test this with your users?  Obviously the answer is no!

0 Likes
New On Demand Menu
ABB_OSS

I cannot believe that the Verizon people think that the new On Demand Menu is an IMPROVEMENT??  I have been told that it was developed to be more "user friendly!"  I would like to see the definition of that!  It now takes me NINE steps to do what I was previously able to do in THREE steps.  Is this improvement??

0 Likes
Bikkyman1

I agree with comments about unfortunate changes to on demand.   It is much slower to use, especially since page up/page down controls no longer work.  You now have to index up or down one at a time.  Awful to go through network menus that way.

0 Likes
Re: New Ondemand menu
Andrea991

The New VOD menu is absolutely terrible! It is impossible to find what you are looking for and it is a complete waste of time. I no longer can use this function. Did know one test this before rolling it out? Please undo this change or at least provide an option for customers to go back to the old layout.

0 Likes