New Ondemand menu
Ddenoble

The new on demand menu is extremely slow and difficult to navigate. Where are the lists of programs?  Why do we need to scroll through pictures for everything?  Previously, I was able to use the channel up/down button on my remote to scroll through 10 programs at once in a list. Is this still possible? ...am I missing something?

0 Likes
Re: New Ondemand menu
KC110
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree the new VOD is horriblr

0 Likes
Stephanie02155

I agree.  New on demand menu takes twice as long to find programming.  Why would they go back instead of foreword.  Thinking about going back to Comcast if not fixed

0 Likes
Fionamacd

Yes, the menu is awful - as is the regular DVR menu. I hate how it just ends playback of a recording and takes you to live TV. Now I have to go back into DVR recordings screen and hunt for the episode i just watched and hit the little red button. Talk about walking backwards!  And why can't the info button give you program info? I like to use that to check the air date and see if I want to watch it.

All I ever really wanted was the ability to watch DVR recordings on my phone. Now they screwed up the menus too 😞

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model DVR do you have?

I have quantum. FOr me, when a program ends, it goes to the menu that allows me to delete, play, save, etc.

Hitting the info button gives me program info except episode numbers. But that only happens while playing the show.

And I haven't seen any change to FIOS app menus for watching DVR recordings.

I have an adroid if that makes a difference.

0 Likes
Re: New On Demand Interface
Dizzy0ny2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree with everyone, this is a horrible experience.  I could not find any recent boxing event on demand for instance.  In the past it was so easy and user friendly.  I called their support several weeks in a row (in phillipines apparently) and they were not able to help.  I asked each time to be transferred to a manager, and they kept me on hold and eventually dropped the call (i guess they dont get paid if they transfer to a manager).  

It feels like they hired a UX designer from Netflix or Amazon Prime, but unfortunately one that did not understand how functionally different cable television and it's offerings is.  Sadly, I suspect someone or group paid a bundle to implement this disaster, and so it will stay and be spun as success, or heads will roll.  

Well I did the only thing I could do, I canceled my $240+ monthly payment and got basic, not premium...in protest.  If this does not get rolled back, I will cancel my subscription all together.

Re: New VOD menus
Dozerthecat

The new VOD menu is fantastic. The old one was a disaster. The new one is nice and slow. Like a game where you press laggy buttons a million times. Why play flappy bird when you get the frustration for free from Verizon vod?  And who needs page scroll? That is so 2016.  Browse premium?. no problem. Now you can do it in two places.. tv and movies.  These Verizon developers are top notch. Ignore the haters.

0 Likes
New Online listing
Vals1

If the old one sucked: This new online listing not only sucks, you are unable to to get to anything. It tells you it is unavalable at this time.

0 Likes
Re: New VOD menus
Bruiser11
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new On Demand menu is a poor substutiute for the old one. The catagories in the old system were much easier to navigate. While there is a 'free' tab under the 'Movies' section, there is no such tab under the TV section. As a result, if I'm looking for the latest episode of "Timeless" on NBC, I must now scroll through 10+ screens of old unwanted "Available to Purchase' cancelled series in order to reach the show I want to see.

Please, revise this new system to better reflect the old. Besides a search tab, the only additional drop downs you need are Movies, TV and Premium.  Then each of those will have the Free section, Pay section and the alphabetical list of networks.

The old system was uncomplicated and the new one needs to follow that guide.

Re: New On-Demand design? Feedback.
Fred211
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot believe this particular system has gone from bad to much, much worse. Using the thumbnail icons takes much longer and the time spent just navigating to them is downright unbelievable.  Just how many times do you have to push OK to finally get to a particular program only to find out that with this new system just about everything (even CURRENT seasons of regular TV shows) cost additional money, even PBS!!!  Really Verizon, even PBS?  You've got to be kidding!!  I never knew just how good things were having Comcast (yes, I paid a little more BUT THEY DIDN'T TRY TO NICKEL AND DIME ME TO DEATH every time I wanted to watch something).  So, therefore, if I actually watch what I truly want, Verizon will be much more expensive per month than Comcast.  I woulld be very interested to see how your new and grossly under improved system works out for you in the future.  I cannot wait for my contract to expire.