No German language channels?
ehagberg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm surprised that there's no German language channel(s) being offered by Verizon FiOS - plenty of other less common languages have channels available.

Why not German?

0 Likes
24 Replies
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE (at least for the Tampa Bay area):

The Channels finally popped up on my schedule today and I immediately oredered them over the phone (neither over the reiceiver nor online worked). I was told I would be able to watch them within 2-24 hours. Keep your fingers crossed - I'll post an update tomorrow evening.

As a side note: I still can't complain about the availability of the customer service over the phone. Although my bill stated that I could only reach them until 6pm, I was able to INSTANTLY get a SA on the line after 10pm. Anyway, I ALWAYS get an SA without any problems.

0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

@FloridaFiOS wrote:

UPDATE (at least for the Tampa Bay area):

The Channels finally popped up on my schedule today and I immediately oredered them over the phone (neither over the reiceiver nor online worked). I was told I would be able to watch them within 2-24 hours. Keep your fingers crossed - I'll post an update tomorrow evening.

As a side note: I still can't complain about the availability of the customer service over the phone. Although my bill stated that I could only reach them until 6pm, I was able to INSTANTLY get a SA on the line after 10pm. Anyway, I ALWAYS get an SA without any problems.

Well, the 24 hours are over BUT it's still not working. Unless it does by tomorrow morning, it's time for a complaint.
0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's working - FINALLY!

I had to press the OK-key to "order" it again via STB and 2 minutes later, it was running. I don't know the purpose for that since I already ordered it by phone and was waiting for it but fortunately, I tried it again and it was working!

0 Likes
ehagberg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I still don't even have the channels showing up when browsing verizon.com's channel listing for my area... even though flyers sent out last month showed the German channels on them.

😞

0 Likes
MQNF5newaccount
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am the same MQNF5 as earlier. I had to create a new account because my verizon email wasnt working. Anyway. I still do not have them. What is this...? {please keep it relevant} How does nobody on Verizons side know whats going on with these? This is rediculous... They came out 2 months ago. Its online in my lineup, i recieved an updated channel card with it in it, Its in my line-up in the box with the order option--except order option doesnt work.(please wait 24 hours for processing, ---24 hours later same option to order, its in a loop).

Besided german channels issue, and their so-so support staff. Its a great service. 

Like someone said on another forum. Theres three groups of FIOS Tech Support.

A- Know about the service and what they are doing. (You rarely get these guys, I get em sometimes in Tech-Support)

B- Know an ok amount about the service and chances are they wont be able to help you with more complex situations.

C- You feel like your talking to a help desk over seas. These people have no clue what they are doing.

**edit**

Im on the phone now. Earlier I got the C team because the {word filter avoidance} told me he'd call me back, guess what he didn't. Called back again what do you know, another C-Team member, says you have to order it online, wowww guess what i get a page that says to call 1800 number. Terrific. Lets call again. Yay.Right now  I get a A/B-team member. Very friendly and helpful. At first I didnt think she knew what she was doing what deffinietly, went through every length to get it done. She said thatin the past channels typically show up about 2 months early in the guide before they are actually available. So well see how this all turns out.

Like I said previously, customer service leaves alot to be desirved, with exceptions of course, like the nice helpful girl I just talked to. 

{please keep it relevant}

Message Edited by MQNF5newaccount on 01-08-2009 07:28 PM
Message Edited by KaLin on 01-14-2009 12:30 AM
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
There's two German stations launching soon, I don't know what the price will be. Deutsche Welle & ProSiebenSat.1Welt
0 Likes
MQNF5
Hopefuly soon. I called and was told that they would most likely roll out with the rest of the HD channels at the end of the year....
0 Likes
MQNF5
talked to another rep today, he said to check back beginning of december. Apparently no one has these channels yet.
0 Likes
MQNF5

more  wonderful news. I know I could just edit old post but i lik eto bump topics.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6616492.html?industryid=47200

0 Likes
pnrobin

I have both German channels enabled!!!   Phoned this morning for my weekly check and they were available to order. 

Peter

0 Likes
MQNF5

for whatever reason the {please keep your posts courteous}  kept bouncing me back and forth until i asked for a supervisor. she was ver friendly and helpful, turns out theres a glitch in their system, and they are available, but they must call IT depatment to get their software fixed.

Ill let you know when i get the call about them being enabled

Message Edited by KaLin on 11-25-2008 11:48 AM
0 Likes
MQNF5

-5 points for FIOS Customer Service. That rep who claimed she was a supervisor and would keep me informed... yea right. Never heard a word from here. Meanwhile I ordered it from the remote, wait 24 hours what do you know, after waiting it asks if I want to order it again. I call, wait on hold for about 20 mins, three guesses. We have no way of activating these services. Ooooof course not.

Note to Staff. This is my only complaint, your customer support is horrible. The phone voice menu is horrible, it takes forever to talk to someone, and nobody seems to know whats going on. Except for FiberSolutions, but they of course have no way of ordering anything.

Message Edited by MQNF5 on 12-07-2008 05:32 AM
0 Likes
MQNF5newaccount
Enthusiast - Level 1
My appologies. The guy did call back. It may have been about 2 1/2 hours later, but he says hed been looking since we hung up and was very appologetic. Doesnt bug me as much that its 2 1/2 later as much as the fact that its 11 and everyone else is sleeping. So i'd say I've gotten 2 out of 3 good techs today.
0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

@MQNF5newaccount wrote:
My appologies. The guy did call back. It may have been about 2 1/2 hours later, but he says hed been looking since we hung up and was very appologetic. Doesnt bug me as much that its 2 1/2 later as much as the fact that its 11 and everyone else is sleeping. So i'd say I've gotten 2 out of 3 good techs today.
Well, in my area (Tampa Bay), the German channels DON'T even show up on the program guide. Why is there NO official FiOS-member on this forum who can answer (or leave some sort of statement) on what's going on?
0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am STILL Waiting!Smiley Mad
0 Likes
ehagberg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still waiting here, too. Got a flyer in the mail today advertising the whole FiOS lineup, and it lists the German channels in the "international" section... and it doesn't even qualify them as "coming soon"... but they're still not available, of course.

Maybe next year.

Message Edited by ehagberg on 01-24-2009 04:38 PM
0 Likes
gunga
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just found out about these channels and was very excited.  Ordered using the remote on Saturday night.  Got the "you're in the queue, check back in 24 hours" message.  Sunday night came and went, this morning, the message had changed.  It was the "click ok to order" message... the "loop" that someone refered to in an earlier post.

I spent 30 minutes and 4 transfers on the phone with verizon before I got some rude csr on the phone that told me the system won't let her order it, that they were still "coming soon" (despite what the channel guide, press releases, etc. say), and that she was not able to order it.  There was no date available to her, either.

Way to go Verizon... people are lining up to pay you an extra $15 a month and you're just giving us the shaft.

FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't even complain about the FACT that I still can't get it - I just don't see a reason why my area (FL Gulf Coast) is ALWAYS last when it comes to updates. I would suggest to Verizon that they should promote/launch new channels/software ONLY when it's available to ANYONE and ANYWHERE.

Otherwise, you are facing problems when it comes to fairness and pricing. Why should I pay the same price for less features here in Florida than somebody in PA? OK, the German package is optional so I'm not charged for it but what about software-upgrades (i.e. the 1.6 upgrade that made HD-streaming possible)? I think you're getting my point. Anyway, it's not appropriate to brag about services you can't offer.

And at least in my definition, more than 2 months isn't "coming soon" - I assume Verizon shares my opinion on that (well, at least when it comes to payments due on my account).

Message Edited by FloridaFiOS on 01-26-2009 11:30 PM
0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm living in the Tampa Bay area and desperately waiting for the German channels. Does anybody know when they will be available over here? I know that I can view the current line-up on the website but a few months ago, Verizon also published the upcoming "update-dates" for new channel-lineups in the specific regions. I can't find that anymore so I don't have any idea how long it's going to take. Considering the fact that other FiOS-customers are already able to watch these channels for a month now, what does "coming soon" on my current Gulf Coast Guide actually mean? Two weeks? Two months? Six months?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!Smiley Wink

0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2
Anyone?Smiley Sad
0 Likes