No TV service today? See you tomorrow
Packfan52

I never do this, but I am appalled by the solution/customer service to my problem today, maybe its just me, maybe others have experienced the same issue.

A little background, after some convincing and researching, we switched to Verizon Fios from Time Warner less than 1 week ago.

Now in my area, Fios is just beginning to pop-up, some towns still do not have Fios.

Today, I was watching TV, pressed the up on the channel control on my remote and the HD/DVR box shuts off then it appeared to be rebooting. After about 20 minutes or so of this cycle repeating itself, I called Verizon.

I waited 15 minutes to speak to someone to explain my problem. After explaining it to him, he did whatever he did on the other end of the phone which was never explained to me. In the end, he said the box might be bad, whatever he did, did not work.

I asked what the next step was. His response was to overnight a box to me, IMO that is unacceptable to me, I am paying for this service and customer support inevitably. I declined and he said that they will have to schedule a time for someone to come out. So I asked what time will he be here? I was told that there is no one available until tomorrow. So I asked to speak to a supervisor.

I was told by the supervisor the same thing. He said there are no techs available, the soonest one can be here is in between 9am and 12pm.  Mind you this is now about 2:30 in the afternoon. I waited a half hour for him to contact "dispatch" and get back to me with this info.

Now I am regretting switching from TW. When I had a problem, it was resolved that day. I would call customer service, they would resolve it over the phone or have a tech come to my residence the same day.

You mean to tell me, there is not 1 tech that they can send to my house to plug a new box in? Do they want to keep customers in an area where they are just starting to become popular? Has anyone else experienced this or a similar problem??? I am so frustrated by this!

0 Likes
Re: No TV service today? See you tomorrow
JBLOW131053
Enthusiast - Level 2

Next-day service sounds pretty good to me.  I think your expectations are unreasonable.  Read a book or watch a couple of DVDs.  In my area Verizon has storefronts where you can walk in and swap boxes, maybe you can do the same.