No ability to control DVR from a different set-top-box
Merthiolate
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a multi-room DVR + a set-top-box. From the STB (not the DVR), I can watch recorded programs. After I watch a program in a series, there is no way to delete the show. I have to go to the DVR and delete it from there. (If I can recall which program in a series that I just watched.) This is so lamely deficient – I can go online to the Verizon web site and schedule recordings, and view/delete things that I have recorded, yet I have no ability to do it from my STB 20 feet away. They need to put on their thinking caps and provide the features that the multi-room Dish DVR has had for years.

0 Likes
Re: No ability to control DVR from a different set-top-box
Justin46
Legend

@Merthiolate wrote:

I have a multi-room DVR + a set-top-box. From the STB (not the DVR), I can watch recorded programs. After I watch a program in a series, there is no way to delete the show. I have to go to the DVR and delete it from there. (If I can recall which program in a series that I just watched.) This is so lamely deficient – I can go online to the Verizon web site and schedule recordings, and view/delete things that I have recorded, yet I have no ability to do it from my STB 20 feet away. They need to put on their thinking caps and provide the features that the multi-room Dish DVR has had for years.

Soon you will be very happy Smiley Very Happy Verizon has begun the process of rolling out a new level of the IMG on the STBs, level 1.9. When you get that, it will include the ability to schedule and delete programs on the DVR from other STBs, along with lots and lots of other stuff.

To quote from the Release Notes:

"We have also enabled the ability to manage DVR recordings from any HD set-top box in the home, which has been a popular request from FiOS TV viewers with Home Media DVR service."

If you want to get an overview of what is in the new release, you can view the Release Notes here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/FiOS-TV-Interactive-Media-Guide-1-9-Release-Notes/ba-p/...

There is also a thread at the top of this Forum about 1.9 that contains quite a bit of info about 1.9, including the link I posted above.

Keller, TX 76248

Merthiolate
Enthusiast - Level 3

You say: "Soon you will be very happy Verizon has begun the process of rolling out a new level of the IMG on the STBs, level 1.9. When you get that, it will include the ability to schedule and delete programs on the DVR from other STBs, along with lots and lots of other stuff."

How soon? The inability to control the DVR from my other STD is pretty much a show stopper for me. I have about 2 more weeks to terminate my relationship with Verizon all together before I am locked into a contract.

Do I sense that carrot being dangled in front of my nose for a feature that I may never see?

0 Likes
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just curious:  why is the inability to schedule and delete from your other STBs a "showstopper"?  I have a similar situation, and while it would be nice to be able to do that (and I'll enjoy that feature when 1.9 arrives), I've never found it that critical as the DVR is in the room where I do most of my watching/planning.

0 Likes