Older Series in DVR Manager
iluvink
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the last update to my DVR, several older series in the 'Manage Series Recordings', are showing as 'Manual Series', rather than the title of the program.  Has anyone else seen this, and/or have a solution?

0 Likes
Re: Older Series in DVR Manager
BAnslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmmm, yes, I thought they were some that I had added in error - so I deleted them.

Bryan.

0 Likes
BAnslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

...actually, now I come to look at it properly, I have a lot of "Manual Series", but it seems to be offset to the right, as though it has a space as the first character.

Bryan.

0 Likes
BAnslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Verizon tech support this morning about this one.

They tell me that there is nothing they can do about it.

Smiley Frustrated

Bryan.

0 Likes
iluvink
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Brian.  As long as I don't miss a recording, I guess it doesn't matter. It is strange that only the main DVR has this.

0 Likes
Corvid1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an identical problem which appears to have resulted from the recent software upgrade which VERIZON did to my DVR. I too have "Manual Series" listed under the "Manage Series Recordings" section of my DVR for about 10 of the tv shows that I have tagged to be recorded weekly. In addition, I have lost the ability to actually manage these series in that I cannot change the priority order of their recording preference.

I've tried twice to report this problem to VERIZON's technical support staff, but met with indifference in the first attempt (a guy recommended that I replace my DVR with a new one - an utterly ridiculous suggestion), and in my second attempt I got a somewhat helpful lady who couldn't correct this glitch and was unaware of others having same problem but promised to send it up the flagpole to higher level tech folks (best action that I realistically could get).

As I told VERIZON's techies, I likely was not the only customer experiencing this same problem - and your posting confirmed my hunch.  VERIZON leaves a lot to be desired in the testing of their software "upgrades", and it appears they have poor training standards for their technical assistance personnel in that they are not required to read their own tech forums to see what problems are occurring.

0 Likes
RHowe
Did anyone ever get an answer for this?
0 Likes
cap10john

No solution as of 14:50 5 Feb.  The "Network people" are working on a remote solution.  Of course these are the same {please keep your posts courteous} that didn't test the upgrade properly before the pushed it.  The tech support guy told me that I could reprogram all of these shows while trying to maintain my current priorities but I told him "No thanks."

I'm waiting a week for a fix.  If I don't get it, I'm changing back to straight cable.  I don't like the XFINITY people either but at least I'll be paying rent on up-to-date boxes rather than the old ones I have now.  I figure I've paid for the DVR about three times over!

Its a total mystery to me why NONE of the providers can provide decent and consistent service.

0 Likes
dnickell
Since this a monitored blog, I'm surprised and dismayed that Verizon has not yet elected to step in and explain what's going on and why.
0 Likes
LKJ5

I have the same problem - here in NJ.  This is frustrating!

0 Likes