Ongoing FIOS TV Issue over last 8 months.
coronasrgood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Since around 8 months ago, I have been having issues with my FIOS TV service. While watching an HD channel, it will be begin to pixelate and if I change the channel up or down, those HD channels will display the currently unavailable message. The way to resolve the issue is to just unplug the coax from the box or wall and plug it back in, the channels return and the SNR values are good. Resetting the box or ONT does not fix the problem. This issue only occurs in one bedroom and occurs basically everyday anywhere between 11am and 4pm. The problem never occurs at night and only affects HD channels. I have had about 6 technicians here over the last 2 months trying to figure out the problem. So far we have done the following:

Replaced:

ONT

Cable Boxes

Interior Wiring

Wall Plate

Splitters

HDMI

The box with the issue was sharing a splitter with the router. I have the 150/150 package so the internet is via ethernet but needs the coax attached for the tv guide, etc. Yesterday, the tech installed a temp ethernet line to another room to get it off the splitter and to see if that would help but unfortunately, the issue is here again today. The reason I asked him to run a temp line is because when the router was on the splitter with the box, I could actually disconnect and reconnect the coax to the router and the TV picture would come back. This really makes no sense but I was thinking maybe a bandwidth or grounding issue.

The only thing left seems to be the coax from the outside, it is RG-59 from an older cablevision install. 

I want to schedule another service call but the technicians are not being dispatched with the proper information so they show up with the equipment needed to complete the job. They are saying they will need two of them on the job and a 10 foot ladder to gain access to the older wiring. Your technicians to this day have been excellent, so I do not want this to be a negative on them because this is an extremely odd situation.

I am hoping someone reads this and can help with getting this problem resolved. 

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing FIOS TV Issue over last 8 months.
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi coronasrgood,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes