Online Account Hack/Virus
ragincajun1

It was recently brought to my attention by several friends who are also Verizon account holders that someone had gained access to their account and what they thought at first was random blocked numbers from their phone list.  As it turns out it was not random at all.  The virus blocks numbers with the highest inbound/outbound call ratio on your call log from all phones on your account.  In my case it was only five numbers, but a few of my friends say that up to the maximum amount allowed by the account block feature was utilized.  If your friend or family member that normaly checks in with you hasn't in awhile, you can bet that they have been blocked. In my case it was a girl I had been seeing and I just thought she lost interest, but at least it's fixed now.  I found that adding extra security questions and making sure that at least two numbers were included in the answer has prevented this from happening again, although it's only been about 5 days since I learned of the problem.  Good luck to you and hopefully this unfortunate hack does not happen to you.

0 Likes
Re: Online Account Hack/Virus
cratorious

I had that same problem.  I have four lines on my account and all four blocked the same three numbers, even though only my phone actually called them.  It **bleep** me off cus one of them was my boss.  i was late for work and tried callin him but the call would not go thru.  He wrote me up until i could prove that i didnt block his number myself.  of course verizon took no responsiblty.  about two mos ago my smartphone was hacked and I lost the internet for a week.  why cant people find somethng better to do than mess with other people?

0 Likes