llazarow1

If help tells me that "Accessing true Picture-in-Picture (PIP) through your FiOS TV remote control is not available at this time", then why is there a PIP button on my remote?

0 Likes
Re: PIP
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@llazarow wrote:

If help tells me that "Accessing true Picture-in-Picture (PIP) through your FiOS TV remote control is not available at this time", then why is there a PIP button on my remote?

Because there may come a time other than "this time."  Translated this means that changes in services and offerings happen and in the future the button may be operational.

In particular, the PIP feature requires that your display device must natively offer this feature, and that your display device must also have access to at least two separate tuners that can show and output two different content sources simultaneously.  This is not possible with the current STB/DVD offerings from Verizon, but again that can easily change in the future.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@llazarow wrote:

Because it could apply to certain brands of TVs that have native PIP capabilities.

0 Likes
Mrloser

I had Brighthouse (Time-Warner) in Tamps for 20 years before switching to Verizon FIOS. Brighthouse offered PIP over 10 years ago as long as your TV could handle it (multiple tuners).  Verizon states that they do not have this capability as yet. They are now 10 years behind in technology !  Amazing. Also as my bill for the triple bundle is over $200.00 per month, I think Verizon should provide us a way to watch any DVR'ed program on our tablets, PC's or smart-phones with no charge. Way too expensive, which is why cable TV companies lose over 50,000 customers per month to streaming sites like HULU and netfix,  etc. WHen will they learn. I am very close to canning all but basic cable and using the internet for everything else.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Mrloser wrote:

I had Brighthouse (Time-Warner) in Tamps for 20 years before switching to Verizon FIOS. Brighthouse offered PIP over 10 years ago as long as your TV could handle it (multiple tuners).  Verizon states that they do not have this capability as yet. They are now 10 years behind in technology !  Amazing. Also as my bill for the triple bundle is over $200.00 per month, I think Verizon should provide us a way to watch any DVR'ed program on our tablets, PC's or smart-phones with no charge. Way too expensive, which is why cable TV companies lose over 50,000 customers per month to streaming sites like HULU and netfix,  etc. WHen will they learn. I am very close to canning all but basic cable and using the internet for everything else.

Then I suggest you do it if you're this unhappy.  You're the comsumer -- you control your purchases!

0 Likes
llazarow1

It's now more than 4 years since my original post.  When is Verizon planning to offer Picture in Picture as part of the service?  It's 2018 and this should not longer be a TV issue.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does any provider offer PIP via their STB?

0 Likes