Please....stop with the menu colors
candcgregory
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, this morning, the new menu went live, and the color scheme is terrible. Some of the new features are nice, like getting more information on the cast of a movie would be nice (if it wasn't freezing up). But why does Verizon feel the need to completely change everything? Can't you add features, and just leave everything else the same?

Dark gray with dark red, blue and what I can best describe as sea green. Ugly ugly ugly.

139 Replies
Nan2527
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why is this topic open for such a long time.  Surely the "new" guide in the original post cannot be the same guide as referred to in comments of this month.  The one the old comments complain about is probably the beloved old guide to the later comments.  The new guide of this month November 2014 will take some getting used to, but I LOVE that it includes the season and episode number.  I'm hoping this will help with my DVRing dupes as well as just knowing at a glance if it's something I already saw.  This is especially welcome for PBS programs which have previously had the worst descriptions -- no clue if it's a multiparter, what part this is, etc.  

Also, after regularly watching TV through Verizon in Mass. and Metrocast in NH, the Verizon Program Guide is leaps and bounds ahead of Metrocast, so count your blessings that you don't have to go to Guide THEN Favorites, and Favorites doesn't go back to Channel 1 every time.  I could go on and on.

It's going to take some time to get used to the new color scheme so I can tell movies from news from kids, etc, but I actually find the white lettering easy to read.  The font is plain and the type is bold.  

0 Likes
kunzelp

The new guide is horrible. I hope Verizon is paying attention to this.

CHANGE IT BACK!

0 Likes
1usre

The new guide looks like colors left out of my daughters coloring box. The old guide was classic and had a pleasant user look. The new guide is terrible, please go back to the old one.

0 Likes
kmom1
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIOS! What were you thinking?! The bold colors screaming at me are obnoxious enough but the white font is impossible to read, particularly in the smaller icons like 'new'. I had to walk to within a foot of the screen to read it. Please -- take away all that black background and give us a font we can read.  PLEASE!!!

0 Likes
cjw123
These colors are awful. Please change back, my eyes are watering trying to read the guide.
0 Likes
smoke189
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since Verizon is such a hard place to get around in to find anything I'll post here.

Your new TV guide sucks! It's hard to read and you have to fumble around to figure out the channel.

This has been complained about before so I have to think Verizon doesn't care about customer feedback. Therefore when my next contract expires I will have to consider another company that is more "friendly"

BTW, whoever the person was that came up with that color scheme should be looking for a new job along with the person that approved it.

OLD PEOPLE CAN'T READ THE d$#@ THING VERIZON, TAKE A HINT!

0 Likes
tvtime
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is awful. I feel like I'm viewing it through a tunnel with the multiple colors/rectagles. Obviously whoever designed the format knows nothing about color schemes. Lots of hues confuse the eye, so readers don’t know where to start first. Certain colors and color relationships can be eye irritants, cause headaches, and wreak havoc with human vision. Do I really need the color coding to tell me orange is for kids and green is for sports. It's usually self explanatory in the show title. Has anyone heard if Verizon is looking into making a change?

0 Likes
SmartyPantsSuz

One of the things I don't like about the new guide is that there is not enough contrast when moving between menus. It's hard to see what's selected.  Medium gray on dark gray just doesn't do it.

Also, I used to be able to go through and delete recorded programs all with one hand using the arrow keys and the OK button.  Now I have to use the C key which forces the unnecessary and inefficient use of two hands to perform the same action.

Please improve the contrast on the menus and return the efficient way of deleting recordings. 

0 Likes
mrb1668

Poor design. More clicks to get something done.  Cannot easily see where one is on the guide. Harder to read.

SLOWER OVERALL...........bottom line - A MESS - Fix or bring back old guide.

0 Likes
tonytedesco1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched from Comcast because I wasn't happy with their service, but I can say they did have a logically laid out guide and menu system. I have to agree that the old IMG was not great, but MUCH better than the new one.

My biggest complaint is with the channel guide the red line showing how much time has elapsed in a particular program is not visible in all programming,

0 Likes
tonytedesco1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This will go down in history right along side "New Coke"

0 Likes
ReginaS1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to agree with everyone the new guide is terrible and very hard to read.  

0 Likes
hotdiggetydog

you are too kind in your criticism. This new design is an abomination. Clearly Verizon never thought to consult a user interface designer or a graphic artist who understands legibility. Why do they think white type on multi-colored backgtrounds is going to be legible? Why do we need colors to identify the program content? Most people know that ESPN is sports and CNN is news. We are not chimps!

0 Likes
rb62470

It wasn't broken, but they decided to "fix" it anyway. What a HUGE FAIL!!! I wonder how much they paid the genius who came up with it. And I wonder how many clowns in suits signed off on it. It shows that Fios not only doesn't understand their customers, they also have very little common sense.

0 Likes
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like my Blue back. I can't read the programming guide anymore, and it wasn't that my glasses needed to be cleaned or changed over, IT WAS THE HARD ON THE EYES COLORS! I can not understand the new menu.... NOTHING AT ALL!! This is FRUSTRATING!! HOW IN THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT'S ON WHEN?

0 Likes
slotr1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should have taken comcast's offer to buy the fios contract out. This guide change is another reason I will be done with fios in 3 months. First I have to buy a remote, ads about fios popping up and now a freaking guide that gives a person a headache when you scroll through it. What ever happened to keeping a customer happy?

0 Likes
missdsl

I agree, I CANNOT READ THE MENU NOW!!

0 Likes
sopo2469
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone with Verizon going to respond to customer request to save us from the HORRIBLE program guide colors?  I have placed numerous complaints and not one has received a response.  It's pretty sad that is the customer service we can expect from Verizon, very disappointing.

0 Likes
Netmouse
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just revisited the FIOS website and found it improved.  That annoying pop-up that kept asking for my mobile phone number is gone, finally.  It is more clear to find the Watch FIOS TV Listing.   Much better, and easy to use to program DVR shows. 

Would prefer, however, not to have a black color screen and white type,  it is hard on eyes.  Would also be great for the bookmark to open to what the bookmark was created from and not stop at the main logon page - my bookmark is the TV Listing with a Favorite selection, and I have to re-click to re-do.

0 Likes
Alex19801

I'm trying to get use to the new guide display changes but I can't. It's like my eyes cant seem to adjust to the new colors or something. I find it literally gives me a headache while searching in the guide for several mins. I see several posts on this but couldnt find what I was looking for. Will Verizon be reverting the changes or developing the functionality for a user to choose b/w old and new guide displays?

Thank You.

0 Likes
iDShaDoW703
Enthusiast - Level 3

I must be in the minority as I actually prefer the new black menu scheme.

I had read that the Quantum TV menu uses the old color scheme and was disappointed when I hooked up the Quantum boxes I just received and saw that it was true.

Hopefully they add in the option for people to choose between the two; waiting for them to release an update for Quantum TV menu myself...

0 Likes