Premier League Extra Time
Munsterman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

With the English Premier League starting on August 17 on NBC for the first time, I am shocked to learn that Verizon Fios will not carry the 61 games over the next 3 months that are available FREE to them on Premier League Extra Time.  All other major service providers, including Comcast will carry these extra games.  My 4 years with Verizon ends shortly, and it will be Bye Bye from me!

Re: Premier League Extra Time
Shearer09
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon Fios doesn't carry Premier League Extra Time I'll be switching to DirecTV.

bubbaamy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is very disconcerting news to me.  FIOS brands itself as having so much more capability to expand there line-up due to fiber optics.  Yet they are the provider that seems to continue to dump or ignore programming.  Is the fiber optic message just a smoke screen?

bubbaamy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been informed that they are dumping the English speaking channel of GolTV as well (channel  313).  I watch Bundesliga matches every week on this channel and have done so for years.  Is Verizon paying any attention to the very positive TV ratings news with respect to soccer lately or do they think this is still 1990?

0 Likes
oviano
Enthusiast - Level 2

Adding my name to the list.

Everyone else appears to have announced they will have these channels....except FiOS.

My contract is up, I will definitely 100% switch to DirecTV if an announcement about the inclusion of the channels isn't made in good time for the new season.

0 Likes
bubbaamy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spoke with Verizon.  Shockingly, they have no comment at this time and don't have the package in their system.  Please make your voice heard if you want this.

0 Likes
Kenmiah

Already cancelled Fox Soccer Plus, if Premier League Extra is not available in its place, then for sure it is time to revert back to DirecTV... Don't want to miss the opening games so will see if Verizon make any announcement on this up till Tuesday 6th August, if not then change has to be made...

0 Likes
oviano
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any word on this please, FiOS?

Are you going to be the only major provider who doesn't provide these channels?

I need to know, so that I can plan accordingly.

0 Likes
BlueCrown21
I just signed up for Fios, and I was told that NBCSN, Premier league extra time and GOL were all available. Now I'm finding out this isn't true.

Verizon, please respond so I know if I need to cancel.
0 Likes
mylifeissports

only problem with switching to Directv is they dont have any contract to carry NBC Sports Live Extra...where verizon does. 6 and 1/2 dozen...LOL

0 Likes