Problem Seeing Show Before You Change Channel
jehssi

Hi,

I have a Broksonic TV with a combined VHS player (CTSG-8118CTT). I got the TV in 1998. Anyways I just got FIOS and have the FIOS adapter recevier. I can change the channels and all fine with the FIOS remote but for some reason I can't see what's on the station before changing it like you should. I also can't turn the volume up or down on the FIOS remote. I have to turn the voulme down on my regular tv remote. I don't know if its because if the combined VHS player. My mom has the same set up as me old tv with the FIOS adapter but her's works. However, she doesn't have a VHS player on hers. Please help

0 Likes
Re: Problem Seeing Show Before You Change Channel
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@jehssi wrote:

Hi,

I have a Broksonic TV with a combined VHS player (CTSG-8118CTT). I got the TV in 1998. Anyways I just got FIOS and have the FIOS adapter recevier. I can change the channels and all fine with the FIOS remote but for some reason I can't see what's on the station before changing it like you should. I also can't turn the volume up or down on the FIOS remote. I have to turn the voulme down on my regular tv remote. I don't know if its because if the combined VHS player. My mom has the same set up as me old tv with the FIOS adapter but her's works. However, she doesn't have a VHS player on hers. Please help

I'm not sure about what your taking about cant see the channel until you turn the channel. Can you be a little more precise and give an example

as for the volume, that is because the remote is not programmed for the tv.  TV/VCR combo's generally do not use the same codes as non combo tv's. they are notoriously hard to program.

You can try programming the remote (but I wouldnt hold my breath)

Press and hold the tv button on the verizon remote

press OK

Let go of both buttons at the same time and the lights on the remote should blink twice

Enter 4 digit code and the tv light will blink at you

test to see if volume works.

If not, repeat with next code

If it does work, press the STB button and happy surfing

Codes for brooksonic are

0207, 0263, 0490, 3182, 3204

0 Likes
Re: Problem Seeing Show Before You Change Channel
jehssi

On FIOS, when you change the channel, a box pops up telling you what the name of the show is on that channel. I don't get that. It just allows me to change stations like a regular user. I already tried to program it, didn't work. Nothing happens when I click the meny or guide button either. It's def. the tv because I tried another FIOS remote and got the same results. But the issue is no biggie. I will just continue to change the volume the normal way and look up online what the show is until I get my new tv for Christmas.

0 Likes