hi i recently got verizon fios and when i program my remote, none of the codes worked, so i tried the method of using the fastforward button until the tv turns off. the tv does turn off and i press ok but when i try using my remote it does not work. am i doing something wrong or is there another procedure to after pressing ok after the tv turns off pressing fastforward
Hi What remote are you tryng to program? Does it have a big FiOS TV button on it? If so then these are the steps I have in programming the remote when no listed codes work.
- Turn on the device you want to program into your remote, for example if you are programming your remote to control your TV, then turn on the TV.
- Press and hold the device button for the device you turned on in step 1 (DVD, AUX, TV, STB) and press OK. Release both buttons. The mode buttons blink twice.
- Press 922.
- Point the remote control toward the device you are setting up and press the upper part of the Play button.
- Press the Fast Forward button. If the device you are setting up does not turn off, keep pressing the Fast Forward button until the device powers off. (You can use the Rewind button to go back, if necessary.)
- When the device powers off then you've found the correct code for that device. Press OK to assign the code in your remote control.
There are over 200 possible combinations so you may have to fast forward thru many before finding one that turns of your TV etc.
You will know you are at the end of the list because the entire remote will flas twice.
I hope this helps!