Re: Recordable DVR machines
ryder85
Enthusiast - Level 3

"4.28" upgrade? Really? If so, kudos to Verizon. Thanks.

0 Likes
GeneDL
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is this Version 4.28 software and how can we get it?  We're in the Northern NJ/NYC programming area.  I've got two of the new Quantom 1100 DVR's and the system settings for both indicate a software version 4.27 for something.  Is this update something I can request from Verizon?  This is very frustrating and disappointing since I was able to record from my hookups previously.  Now I can't even burn a DVD of the weather forecast off my local news station.  I've tried to reset (reboot) the boxes in hopes of getting updated software, but to no avail.  Is there any hope for a solution for this, short of swiching back to Cablevision?

0 Likes
kheland

I was having the same problem burning a recorded program to DVD, so I was excited to see that the 4.28 upgrade had apparently resolved this problem. When I did a test this morning, however, I still got the same message on my DVD recorder that "This program is not allowed to be recorded." My build # is 4.28.3. Has this been resolved by Verizon or not? Or is there another software update (4.28.4?) that will fix it?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

4.28.3 is being rolled out to all.

My udnerstanding is that 4.28.2 was stopped and rolled back in a few areas because issues were being experienced with it. Thos areas I thought were first to get 4.28.3.

I verified that my DVD Recorder did work properly with 4.28.2.

When I get 4.28.3, I will verify if I begin to have an issue again or not.

0 Likes
kheland

Thanks. Please let me know either way when you get 4.28.3. Might be a problem with my DVD recorder, although I never had a problem before. I'm using a Magnavox MSR 90D6.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Took me  awhile to get back to this.

I have checked version 4.28.3 and it works just fine for me on linear channels.

0 Likes
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

One channel I noticed that I can't record off of now is AMC. My wife DVR'd a few horror movies around Halloween to record on a DVD, When I tried it wouldn't let me record. I could record from the MGM channel and GetTV but not AMC.

Also FS1 is unrecordable but the main FOX channel is. I thought that was a little strange.

0 Likes
GeneDL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today is January 1, 2016.  I originally posted back in September that I couldn't burn my DVD's off of FIOS, where I formerly had no problem doing so.  Shortly after that post, I checked my STB's and found they had been updated to the revised software suggested by others and I could again burn my DVD's with no problem.  This lasted until about a week ago, and nowI can no longer use my DVD recorder off of FIOS again.  This is not limited to premium channels, I can't burn anything, even broadcast channels or FIOS One weather reports.  I live in the Northern NJ service area, and does anyone have any idea of what is going on with FIOS?  This is becoming very frustrating.

0 Likes