Recording to removable media
IndyLady

Is it possible to transfer recorded programs from the DVR to a DVD or VHS tape?  Is it possible to record directly to my computer hard drive and/or DVD?

0 Likes
Re: Recording to removable media
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

To DVD or VCR sure, I transfer to DVD all the time.

To computer. This is complicated. For most, the answer will be no. But there are ways if you want to work at it.

But the easy one. 

If you have a DVD burner, Then you just connect your DVR to the DVD recorder. Then you play on the dvr and record on the dvd. The only issue with this kind of transfer is that you have to watch the program while recording it. I usually do it at night when I'm sleeping. Just set the timers but it works well

0 Likes
Mike76

There is a USB port on my whole house DVR.  Is there a way to put a USB storage device in there and record what i am recording on my DVR so that i can watch it either on my computer or on my dvd player?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Mike76 wrote:

There is a USB port on my whole house DVR.  Is there a way to put a USB storage device in there and record what i am recording on my DVR so that i can watch it either on my computer or on my dvd player?

No. The USB port is not active. The DVRs do not support external drives at this time. When they do, most DVRs spread the content between the internal and external drives so it is copy protected.

A Tivo will allow some transfer of content over Ethernet, but not all.

0 Likes