Remote control
semru

While I was watching TV I accidentally touch some buttons on the remote control which resulted in the TV screen going blank and displaying the letters "AV1". I've tried pushing every button on the remote control to get the TV working again, but without success.

Can you help determine what went wrong?

0 Likes
Re: Remote control
MikeinNY

Sounds like you accidentally changed the input source on the tv. If so, you need to change to input source back to the source where the tv signal comes from..for example, maybe HDMI or component 1..

I don't have FIOS yet (I will on 3/16, my install date) so I can't give you specifics regarding the remote

Hope this helps

Mike

0 Likes
Re: Remote control
Justin46
Legend

I think Mike is correct about what has happened. I am not at home where I have FiOS so this will have to be from memory, but I think what you need to do is push the TV button so the remote is controlling the TV not the STB, then press the Input button .I think that button is down in the lower left corner of the keypad on the remote. You may need to press the button several times, depending on how many inputs your TV has, mine has 6 so it takes a few presses to cycle all of the way through.

Hope this helps. If my memory is not correct hopefully someone will correct me.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes