Re: Removed Channels Keep Reappearing on Favorites List
kkyle1

I have tried everything.  The answer, which fios won’t admit to, is to upgrade your cable box. Yup, that’s right, Verizon has found yet another way to make you pay for their service.  For $5 more per month, per box you can upgrade to their newest system. When i inquired about cancelling my service they said I would have to pay an early termination fee!  Got me again, thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
Gideon_A
Enthusiast - Level 2

Three months ago I said it was fixed...  But now it's totaly messed up again.  The Favorites #2 list either has every channel or it disappears.

This is horrible!

0 Likes
Bob_in_USA

My favorites2 is messed up again. A couple of months ago I got a new STB and things worked for a while then slowly degraded.

Coincident with the end of the year Verizon messages that this or that channel is going to be dropped etc, my favorites 2 has stopped accepting any changes I make to it.

The programmers supporting this feature are decidedly inferior.

0 Likes
Favorite Channels Changing
fishgd

My Favorite chanels keep changing

0 Likes
Re: Favorite Channels Changing
flight1

I've had Verizon Fios since it was made available where I live. For close to 10 years I never had an issue with Favorites. A few months ago my Favorites 1 would randomly add channels not programmed by me and that I will never watch. I have been unable to fix this, I replaced my STB this week, have spent more hours of my own and more than enough with "Support" trying to figure this out. In doing searches on the web and locating other sites that have groups discussing this problem  I see dates going all the way back to July 2008, that's 10 years ago. My guess would be that if you are plagued with randomly added channels (and I've had the guide Favorites 1 up on the screen and actually saw channels being added while I'm staring at the guide), it will most likely never be fixed. 

0 Likes
Re: Favorite Channels Changing
Offy1

Add me to the list of people who have the "Poltergeist" settop box.

The Fav2 list on my secondary non-DVR box started becoming corrupted about 2 months ago.  (No issues with our primary box with the DVR.)  I have FIOS, if that matters.

I have even deleted everything in Fav2, only to see become repopulated with crap channels a couple of days later.  I just renewed my contract, so you think that Vz would do the right thing & upgrade me.

0 Likes
Favorites are no longer working
ralph2018
Enthusiast - Level 2

My favorites are no longer working.
I have reset, restored and nothing works.
I have set up my favorites 6 times now. And they just do not keep.
Sometimes they just add or delete CH. sometimes the 2nd Favorite choice is not available (as if it is not set up).
What is going on anyone having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Favorites are no longer working
Mass1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I to have the same problem. Reported the problem on chat and the Verizon representative said that the technical folks will be advised, there is no status reporting, and that I will know when the problem is resolved when the unwanted favorite chanels disappear and do not return.

I hope that someone out there knows how to directly contact the technical folks to find out when this problem will be fixed

Channels disappear from Favorites list and cannot be re-added
MIJOJEAS

Within the last month I started having issues with my Favorites list. All of a sudden some channels I have had on my Favorites list for years started removing themsleves and I could not re-add them to my Favorites list. The message I get is "unable to add channel at this time. Try again later. The only way I can add them back to my Favorites list is to Re-Boot the box. Them I have to add ALL my Favorites again. This works for a day and then the same channels drop off again. This was isolated to one box (I have 3, one DVR box). I switched 2 cables at the 3-way splitter (which has been in use for years) and the issue moved to another box. Logic would tell me that the splitter had gone bad. I replace the splitter with a high dollar splitter. 2 Boxes required resetting. Then I added channels to my Favorites and all worked fine for 5 hours. Then the problem came back on the box that had the original issue. And, on top of that, the problem has migrated to a second box. The third box has and continues to work perfectly as it has for years. A side note...Verizon replaced the DVR box and one of the other boxes because they thought that wold correct the problem The replacements did not correct the problem. Any ideas anyone????

0 Likes
Re: Favorites are no longer working
Offy1

Update on my problem.

After posting here, I called Vz Tech Support.  The CSR was quite good,   He thought that the issue was with the internal memory of the box, and agreed to send me out a new non-DVR box.

Once I received the new box, I hooked it up & let to perform its self-installation.  Once completed, and added some channels to Fav1 and Fav2.  I cycled the power on the box, and this time both Fav1 & Fav2 were populated with the same type of crap channels I had with the original box's Fav2.  Worse, the box wouldn't accept any channels that I wanted to add.  I just shipped the new box back to Vz, and will just have to tolerate the issues with the original box.

I now believe that Vz is unintentionally "pushing" these Favorite channel alternations out .... its not the box.

0 Likes