Resolution
gmv441

Just bought a Sony X90j 4k tv. What resolution should the Verizon One box be set to...1080i, 1080p, or 2160p

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Resolution
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gmv44 wrote:

Just bought a Sony X90j 4k tv. What resolution should the Verizon One box be set to...1080i, 1080p, or 2160p

2160p would have the box doing the upscaling from 1080 instead of your TV. Close call in the case of a Sony. If you plan on watching any 4K programming from the box it has to be set to 2160P, and you should be aware of the HDR on -off toggle in the Video menu too. That should be on in the main box but toggled on and off manually with the mini as it can't auto-sense HDR and would give false color. I have a Sony and actually prefer the Box doing the upscaling.

View solution in original post

Re: Resolution
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gmv44 wrote:

2160p would have the box doing the upscaling from 1080 instead of your TV. Close call in the case of a Sony. If you plan on watching any 4K programming from the box it has to be set to 2160P, and you should be aware of the HDR on -off toggle in the Video menu too. That should be on in the main box but toggled on and off manually with the mini as it can't auto-sense HDR and would give false color. I have a Sony and actually prefer the Box doing the upscaling.