STB freezing daily
karester

I have been having issues with my STB where it freezes once if not more than once a day.  I have tried everything to reboot in the help topics, but I always end up having to pull out the power cord to reboot.  I have done a live chat to try to fix this a couple of weeks ago and my box was rebooted by that person.  But it only worked temporarily.  Many of the programs I have set to be recorded on my dvr are being missed because the STB is frozen at the time the show is airing.

Please help.

0 Likes
Re: STB freezing daily
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Sounds like you have a DVR from your post.

1st thing to check, is the DVR in the open? Plenty of airflow? Nothing stacked on top or not in a cabinet or anything right? I ask because it sounds like it may be overheating. I used to have the same type of problem when my box was in my entertainment center. It had a glass front no opening in the back. It was constantly getting too hot. Once I got it ventilated correctly, the problem went away. Any chance you are getting something similar?

0 Likes
vidaloca2k4

yeah mine does the same thing.  i'll be playing watching a show, when suddenly the box will turn off, i'll get a grey "please wait" screen and then it says something about the box being locked.  it'll come back up after a few minutes, but previously recording programs will be interrupted.  this has gotten worse over the last month - it used to happen maybe once a week, now it happens several times daily.   i called verizon and they're sending me a new box now, but any info on this problem would be great.  help!

0 Likes
karester

Yes, my DVR is in the open.  It has it's own little table it sits on and nothing sits on top of it.

0 Likes