STB resets itself in middle of night
JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was up very early one morning last week.  I heard some clicking noises in the living room.  I went in there and my HD STB QIP6416-2 was turning itself on and off and resetting itself. 

Around 2:30amthis morning, I was in bed and heard clicking from the standard STB in the bedroom.  I looked and it was turning itself on and off.  The display showed "E2" and "fsd6" (or something like that).  There was a red light going in circles on the right side of the display.  This went on for a minute or 2.  Then it stopped and the STB remained on.  I shut it off and it returned to normal.  

I have two other boxes (1 HD and 1 standard).  I don't know if this has happened with them or not.  What is causing this?  I have not had any problems with watching them at all. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: STB resets itself in middle of night
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Every once in awhile Verizon does updates to the software in the boxes. This is normal. They do it at night when not many people are watching TV.

0 Likes
JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought it might be something like that.

Thanks for the response.

0 Likes
Pocket

I enjoy my FIOS HDTV service but I'm not a fan of the motorola STB.  When the installation/repair guy came by and set it up, he had nothing but horrible things to say about the STB and Routers that Verizon had switched too (this was 16 months ago).   The box was showing errors when he set it up so he had to try two other ones from his truck.  It didn't exactly instill confidence in the hardware.

Being a night owl and recording many programs in the late night/early morning, I'm all too familiar with the clicking noise, box reset, and update happening right in the middle of a show.  It's pretty annoying and there are weeks when it happens almost nightly, no doubt fixing bugs in the previous patches.

It can be a real buzz kill if you have company.

0 Likes