- « Previous
- Next »
Before the recent update, when viewing the guide you could see the live channel you were currently watching in the upper left corner while you searched the guide for something better to watch.
The guide no longer displays the live video and instead shows a picture of a program on whichever channel you happen to be on as you scroll through the guide. Is there a way to get this feature setting turned back on? I cant seem to find a way to get it Working again.
I miss that PIP box as well. Maybe this will get someone's attention: FIOS ADVERTISERS We can't see the ads for your products any longer when perusing the guide during commercials. You know that's when a lot of people go to the guide. When a commercial comes on. I know I do.
As if things weren't difficult enough this year, they go and remove the color-coding. My brain hurts trying to find something to watch. I might just curl up and die now
This is the worst guide ever. You can’t view the channel playing while searching other stations. You can’t see the channel number on the line when searching the guide. When changing channels there is a lag time.
please take a look and try to fix this.
when are you going to fix starttv. Periodically it freezes up. This has been going on at least a month.
Agreed...This update is complete garbage!
This feature is very missed! This new update is just horrible all around!
when Skipping ahead and backwards, The overlay shows that you skipped. I KNOW I DID, I PRESSED THE BUTTON! This ruins DVRing sports especially. In addition to that avorrlay, it overlays the show info. IThat ruins DVRing sports too.
Now pressing up o my shows info for the show I’m watching. That’s what the info button is for. I want to scroll through the guide while watching like before.
the main guide no longer give the small picture of current program. Instead, it plays behind the guide. Which has no use.
Very much dislike:
1. No chaptering! This makes watching a DVR'd show ridiculous at times. When trying to pick up in the middle of a show, it takes twice as long to find the spot you left off later in the program since you either need to FF and watch it to see where to stop, or set your skip to 5 minutes, and then using the skip to skip commercials becomes unusable.
2. Color coding needs to return, especially since you have crammed so much into the guide it is impossible to quickly scan anymore.
3. The bottom frame is too large.
4. Where is the current show frame when viewing the guide? Really would like that back.
5. Remote responsiveness is ridiculous. We have replaced all of the batteries in all of our remotes and it did nothing. Constantly getting a channel we don't want because some of the numbers we have pressed do not register. And, it takes twice as long to change the channel.
I wonder if since the text is so small and hard to read on the new guide that they thought having a picture would be better?
Alot of people I talked to would rather have less channels show on the guide page that you can actually read and have live video of what you are currently watching.
Yeah, changing channels (the most fundamental of all television features!) has become incredibly slow. Even after tweaking all the options to shut off Now and Next, etc., there is a ridiculous delay.
I don't understand why it is so hard for Verizon to prioritize this; in the "olden days" it was never an issue to change channels quickly with the arrows, having nothing but a simple channel display in the corner. If more information was needed, one could always push the info button!
The changes to the guide also slow everything down and provide nothing useful in return. It has only become harder to read. May I propose adding a "simple and fast" option in the future to prioritize speed and readability over everything else, since apparently all these fancy features come with huge latency as an overhead?
It's a bit melodramatic, but I'm probably going to cancel my television service over this if nothing changes. Like most people, I was on the fence anyway.
- « Previous
- Next »