Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

We apologize for any inconvenience this update may have caused. Our release products go through testing sessions with customers just like you before the products are launched. The feedback you have provided has been shared with the team for further analysis.

We appreciate all your feedback.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
KK410
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too. It’s so bad I will consider changing service unless changes are made quickly. I can not stand the colors which are very difficult on the eyes, the delays when changing channels and the lack of color coding for movies.  Also the show episode is huge and the show title itself has a tiny font. Actors used to be visible immediately but now you have to press the “info” button to see the actors. Whoever designed this format did a terrible job and as a paying customer request you to consider immediate changes or you WILL lose customers. 

DXER1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't apologize for your boneheaded mistakes, roll it back.  It really was far better before your"upgrade"

Weed333
Enthusiast - Level 1

So where is the solution?  the first post is exactly the problems I'm having and it states SOLUTION, SOLVED - so I click that and get an apology, no solution, not solved - just a "sorry we screwed you over with the New Guide/DVR updates".   It's horrible, my husband is all but XFinity bound.  Anyway you all are really going to fix these problems or are we stuck with this?

DXER1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't apologize for this deplorable "upgrade."  Just restore the old guide which worked far better.  The ability to see one channel by second click was the feature I used the most.

buffewo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with all the previous comments/concerns about the latest upgrade.  What I would like to know is WHY anyone thought that this upgrade was better than what we already had?  Please answer that for me.  Thanks.

LongtimeuserNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've experienced all the problems and frustrations others have pointed out...

- no PIP in the guide

- no chapters

- too many posters everywhere taking up too much space and slow to load

- hard to read fonts that are too small or too big

- banners that take up too much room and stay on too long

- overall sluggishness and random responsiveness to the remote

- more video glitches and freezing compared to old version

etc. etc. etc.

The thing that **bleep** me off even more... I called VZ to complain and the automated system actually force rebooted EVERYTHING without asking first... Router (which cut off my internet temporarily) and all set top boxes BEFORE letting me talk to anyone... Ugh!

I really hope they fix some of these major issues very soon, as an emergency fix.  

Dumdum12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is this an accepted solution?An acceptable solution would be to roll this menu update back. I've been considering Comcast and this feels like the last straw/the right time!  XFINITY! 

mmeemaww
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new guide format is unusable.  I can barely read the channel numbers, can't read most of the network names/logos, and the color coding is gone.  This makes browsing too difficult to do.

SnyderJames
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please fix the Guide, back to what it was. 
I can’t believe you think it’s better, what did you do, test teenagers? The guide is so small, no info about the show, no color coding, and very slow!

i miss the the small box showing what your actually watching. Please return the old guide.