I wholeheartedly agree with the countless subscribers that the update is worse. Verizon, please revert OR listen to the 62 pages of comments (so far...more to come, I am sure). My thoughts on the guide function; I haven't even explored On Demand and other areas yet:
1. Button press reaction time is twice as slow.
2. Channel numbers are unreadable at any distance past 1 foot for someone over 50, heck, 40. What's the purpose of the little arrow in the same box as the channel number?
3. No more color-coded categories that I relied on because even on the old version I had trouble seeing channel numbers so I used the colors to find mostly what I wanted.
4. No longer able to "see" the current channel in the upper left; it is now the static pic of the highlighted channel. I liked being able to continue to watch while I searched for other things.
5. "Filters" operation is not intuitive.
6. "Jump to" is a waste of time...just give me the color-coding back on the main guide screen.
7. Somehow managed to create a "favorite" but now I can't get back to the main full guide easily. NOT intuitive.
8. Black background with white text is difficult to read...PLEASE revert back to color-coded categories.
9. Wasted space with the images to the right of the name of the station. Can't see them at all and they are pointless.
10. Don't need 7 lines of shows; would rather have 5 and be able to see more clearly.
11. Text for info description seems smaller.
I'm sure there will be more changes I don't like. Unfortunately, I haven't come across a SINGLE change I do like. Begging you, Verizon, please consider this very loud feedback from people that are willing to share it; many customers won't bother and will just leave. This is an opportunity for you to prove you do listen to your customers.
I will definitely change service if it does not change. It is unusable. If I cannot find what I want to watch, I will be totally frustrated and won't watch anything. If I'm frustrated and not watching, I will just cancel and look at a different service.
My new favorite is scrolling 10 pages through the guide, pressing the INFO button on a show I might want to watch and then having no way to go back to the guide at the spot I was in when I pressed the INFO button. You have to press exit and scroll forward the same 10 pages again to resume your search from the same place. It is very clear the people who designed this new guide never used the old one. Not to watch TV anyway.
Verizon: 60+ pages of reported BUGS and complaints. So far. A huge number of those from customers who created accounts (posts = 1) just to tell you how awful the design, functionalty and performance of your new guide is. For every one of those, there are hundreds more who don't have the time or means to write in.
At what point are you going to realize A) this redesign is so bad, in so many ways it will never be accepted, B) the complaints are not going to go away with time, and C) you are likely losing customers over it.
You messed up. Now do the right thing and acknowledge, address and fix the problems. Many good suggestions in these 60 pages. A good place to start would be to respond to the customers in this forum who took the time to provide you their feedback.
This upgrade may move me to cut the cord. There is a noticeable delay when pulling up the guide. There is a noticeable delay when selecting channels. Everything about this upgrade is sluggish. The rewind and fast forward are sluggish. I have to hit the button 2 or 3 times to stop rewind. One of he most useful features of the DVR playback was chaptering which is gone. Another frustrating removal is being able to move 2 hours forward in the guide. Now you can only move forward by the increment of the shows listed. This is a horrible DOWNGRADE! Please give us the option to go back to the old guide. If not, I will be looking at Youtube TV or Hulu I think.
The latest guide re-design is awful. The bold white lettering on dark black is blinding. This has to go. I hate using the guide now. It's completely unusable. It's clunky and so slow now.
Who thought this was an improvement.
Hate the updates.
1. Under guide of channels now doesn't actually state the name of the channel. I'm thinking to cancel HBO and Starts because i don't even know which channels they are and am unable to choose them anyway. Then why am I paying extra for them.
2. Previously, by pressing the side errow I was able to scroll through the guide while watching the current show. Now I'm only able to watch the guide overlaying the whole screen.
3. The current show info comes up when you press most buttons. Why?
4. The picture of the current show is so large and overlapping the screen. I wish to watch the show, not the info that I am looking up by the way. What about the actor info. Hadn't been able to get much more from the info button.
Bottom line: terrible update. Hate it!
Please add my disgust and complaints to all the above. The new design is UNUSABLE! As many have stated, I am actively considering dropping the service due to the ridiculous implementation of a much poorer interface. If the designers worked for a computer software company and rolled out this UI, they'd have been fired already.
My wife and I HATE absolutely everything about this new guide and it seems our boxes are slower to react than picture laden website on dial up. VERIZON WHY WOULD YOU FIX SOMETHING THAT IS NOT BROKEN
I agree with the comments about the poor design of this “upgrade”. VZ should call it a “downgrade”.