Set Top Box
5foley

I am having issues w/both of my boxes as of recent. One periodically no picture and the other has no sound. I have checked and exchanged hdmi cables and only resolve has come when I pwr down the unit and it resets, It then starts working again. Chat Support only resolve was to push replacement to a new style box and want to charge me for them even after I said I would pickup at a local store. Why must I be charged for equipment they provide me to receive their services. Give me the 1 for 1 replacement and let me be on my merry way. Might just be the breaking point to switch to comcast finally. To top it off the chat person Madhela, abruptly ended the chat while we were in chat and then ironically my tv froze and iternet disconnect for a few minutes.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Set Top Box
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@5foley wrote:

The ONT is not the latest as you described and the coax splitter is not 2.0 version 

Get Verizon to send you a MoCa 2.0 splitter, or get one from Amazon or somewhere else and replace the old splitter. Also make sure you only have one splitter in the system or you'll have to replace all of them.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@5foley wrote:

I am having issues w/both of my boxes as of recent. One periodically no picture and the other has no sound. I have checked and exchanged hdmi cables and only resolve has come when I pwr down the unit and it resets, It then starts working again. Chat Support only resolve was to push replacement to a new style box and want to charge me for them even after I said I would pickup at a local store. Why must I be charged for equipment they provide me to receive their services. Give me the 1 for 1 replacement and let me be on my merry way. Might just be the breaking point to switch to comcast finally. To top it off the chat person Madhela, abruptly ended the chat while we were in chat and then ironically my tv froze and iternet disconnect for a few minutes.

First remove power to both boxes and your router. Power the router back up, and when it is 100%, plug the main DVR box back in. Once that is finished, plug the other box back in. Hopefully that will reset the boxes and end the problems. If not, check all coax splitters in the system and make sure they are MoCa 2.0 certified and all coax connections are clean and tight, including coax going to the router. Also check the ONT and make sure you have a modern one, not an older unit. It should look like this:

If not tell support you need a new ONT upgrade, it should be free. You could also try going to:

Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Fix FiOS TV Issues, and run the diagnostics there for each box.

5foley

The ONT is not the latest as you described and the coax splitter is not 2.0 version 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@5foley wrote:

Get Verizon to send you a MoCa 2.0 splitter, or get one from Amazon or somewhere else and replace the old splitter. Also make sure you only have one splitter in the system or you'll have to replace all of them.