Setting basement
Austin316
My mom is redoing the basement over and wants to add an additional set top box downstairs. The electrician is setting a cat/coaxial outlet but needed to know if he should run the coaxial to the outlet or does Verizon need to come in and do that. Does anyone know? Any help is appreciated.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Setting basement
prisaz
Legend

@Austin316 wrote:
My mom is redoing the basement over and wants to add an additional set top box downstairs. The electrician is setting a cat/coaxial outlet but needed to know if he should run the coaxial to the outlet or does Verizon need to come in and do that. Does anyone know? Any help is appreciated.

The electrician can do it. Have them use RG-6 quad shielded cable for best results. Run the cable from the Verizon Splitter to the new location. Verizon would probably not fish through walls, and if it is a remodel, it is better to have everything hidden nicely with a good quality cable. If the electrician is running network cable it would be more efficient to have it all done at one time.$$

View solution in original post

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Austin316 wrote:

The electrician can do it. Have them use RG-6 quad shielded cable for best results. Run the cable from the Verizon Splitter to the new location. Verizon would probably not fish through walls, and if it is a remodel, it is better to have everything hidden nicely with a good quality cable. If the electrician is running network cable it would be more efficient to have it all done at one time.$$

0 Likes
Austin316
And then she can just order an additional converter box and do the setup ourselves?
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Yes it would be a self install order for the Set Top Box or Digital Video Recorder. Just connect the box, and follow the activation instructions. It would be shipped UPS.

There are some locations where you can call and just go pick one up. But call and check for availability first. If you call the reqular Verizon number, and or order online, I have found you will not be able to place the order at the store. So if you wish to pick one up at the store, call them first.

FiOS Store Locations

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/84843.ht...

0 Likes
Austin316
Great. Thanks so much for your help.
0 Likes