Showtime On Demand
doc1949
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was under the impression that HBO & Showtime series were supposed to be available ON DEMAND right away after the initial airing. However this past Sunday's (2/10/13) episode of House of Lies is still not on as of now(2/13/13).

While were at it Dallas on TNT from 2/11/13 is not on as well! I wish I could get some answers from someone at Verizon about their ongoing ON DEmand issues!

0 Likes
Re: Showtime On Demand
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

doc1949,

We do apologize about the inconvenience but the on demand  programs are loaded as the networks provide the programs to be loaded.  Unfortunately, Verizon does not  have any control over when any on demand programs or episodes are avaialble .

Tonya D.

0 Likes
Re: Showtime On Demand
doc1949
Enthusiast - Level 3

TonyaD, Please don't take this the wrong way, but that response is what you are told to say about ON Demand programming. I've been told by some of your tech support folks that there is no one specifically assigned to load the programs onto your server and that when tech support is busy, they fall behind with On DEmand. Secondly, I was told that when a network sends over the shows to Verizon they have to be reformatted because your system is not in sync with the networks.They also turn over all the shows at the same time for a given night. So how do you explain that Californication from Showtime was On Demand the very next day, yet House of Lies that airs the same night(Sunday) was NOT On DEmand until Wednesday?

You have to realize that many of your newer customers came over from a Cable co.eg, Comcast where prime time shows were On DEmand 99% of the time the very next day, especially Premium channels. Verizon needs to fix this problem ASAP!!!!

0 Likes