Software updating every day
epratt

The software updates each morning at 5:15 a.m. when I turn on the TV.  It does not update in the evening when I turn the TV back on.  It has just started doing this the past week.  Why?

0 Likes
Re: Software updating every day
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've got this too ... just started within the last week.  While I definitely notice it overnight (first time I turn the TV on in the morning), I've also seen it in the evening after the STB has been off for a while.  Takes about a minute to sort itself out and "startup", then  all is well.  

I can't imagine that Verizon has been pushing this many software updates out to the box.

0 Likes
wraujr1
Contributor - Level 1

Same problem here.

My DVR is Moto QIP-7216 located in MD.

Started when Verizon pushed out their new software version 1.9.1. around Dec. 5th.

They fixed the "slow channel changing/first time delay problem" and replaced it with:

"Software Updating, Please Wait" problem that shows up once a day, every morning.

For me it has been EVERY morning since the new version was released.

Set-top reboots do not fix issue.  I too have a hard time beleiving they have released new software every day

for last 7 days.

Verizon moderators please take note and pass on to tech support.  This is not an isolated/one-user problem.

Note: If you add to this list please post your state and what model set top box to help Verizon narrow down the problem.

0 Likes
mejustme2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting the same thing! EVERY DAY the software updates the first time the box is turned on and then somedays it updates later on too!!! I have 3 boxes and htis is getting RIDICULOUS!!! They NEED to get rid of the person with ADHD making the constant changes!!! I am thinking of just leaving the box ON all the time so it STOPS the updates!!! It is IMPOSSIBLE to go from one tv to the next and NOT miss something!!!

0 Likes
bob4281
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here, keeps rebooting when it comes on.  It just started this week.

0 Likes
wraujr1
Contributor - Level 1

If you search for this thread from June 24th or so:

"Nightly Software Update since 1.9.1"

You will see that when 1.9.1 was rolled out in what appears to be the NY/NJ area, the same problem started.

Not clear from that thread if it was ever resolved.

I sincerely hope that Verizon didn't keep rolling this version out given the reported problems....

If they did, they are in serious need of competent managerial/technical help.

Instead of posting diatribes and rants, try posting useful info like your state and box model numbers.

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Hi!

We're aware of this issue and we're working to resolve.  If you've been affected, you shouldn't be seeing this message for much longer at all.

-adam

0 Likes
wraujr1
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for responding.  But with all due respect... please define "much longer"...

Are we saying 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year...??

0 Likes
Donnny

Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I have the exact same problem.  Every morning you turn on the TV and DVR box it says updating software.  This started about 5 or 6 days ago around 12/13 or so.  So I get to sit there and watch that every morning.  Called the knuckle heads at verizon. As many of you know that always so much fun.  Hope you like waiting 30 minutes on hold just to talk to a person.  Then when you finally talk to a person and explain the problem they try and tell you nothing is wrong.  They need to fix this PROBLEM.

0 Likes
Donnny

Maybe you should tell your tech support people that THERE IS A PROBLEM !!!!

0 Likes